Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Fred452 wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Probably. But let me ask: what are your goals? Why are you considering an MBA? And why specifically a part-time MBA? IS it to gain the knowledge to further develop your firm? Or something else?

Thanks for your response.

1. My main goal is to supplement my undergrad education and work experience to acquire a high caliber Financial Analytics position. I am looking to sell my stake in my current start up so the knowledge I am looking to gain from a potential MBA is primarily for acquiring this new position in the finance industry.
2. I am considering an MBA because it seems to be the most efficient way in achieving my main goal.
3. I am looking specifically at a part-time MBA because A. With my profile, the part-time route seems to be the most likely way in getting into a top MBA program B. The ability to work full time and continue gaining work experience C. The ability to continue earning an income while in school

Thanks again, your help is very much appreciated.

Got it!
Okay a few thoughts for you dude:
- If you want to change jobs/industries, probably a full-time MBA will make this a lot more easy than a part-time MBA. PT is probably better if you want the knowledge and to just continue doing what you are doing (say while managing your company)
- If you really want a top financial analytics position, you might have to get a higher GMAT. Not only to get into the schools from which these firms recruit, but also because when they recruit they will likely also have a look at your GMAT score.
-When considering your schools and goals have a careful look at who recruits from the program. The ideal way to proceed is to figure out four or five firms you'd love to work for, and then see where they recruit. I think that for some of your schools on your list, well... I'm not sure that you can get a top financial analyst job graduating from there.
-Think about Baruch - if you get that GMAT score you have written, it could be a good option, being one of the schools located in the right places.

I hope all these thoughts help you out dude, and if you got anything else, just drop a line.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts