Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Babson '15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: CBS '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 184
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Wildcat4GMAT wrote:
I am hoping someone could give me an idea of what to expect with my very unusual profile:

So right off the bat I graduated from University of Arizona in 2010 with a 2.4 GPA, (perfect 800 out of 800 math SAT) I failed some classes, withdrew a semester, it was a disaster.

Since then I have worked hard, attained my CFA, CAIA, work as an associate at S&P Global, and recently got a 710 on my GMAT (Q49-V36)

I got both of my supervisors S&P to write glowing recommendations and took time in my essays to try to weave together my story of hard work and ambition since I graduated. I'm retaking my GMAT in 2 weeks as I was testing at 730-720 so the 710 was disappointing. I had one official gmat test where I got a Q51 and one I got V42 so I think the opportunity to improve my score is there.

I am applying to NYU Stern full time, Columbia full time, and Wharton Executive (would like full time but I feel like I don't have a chance).

Does anyone think I have a shot here? Does anyone think I only have a chance if I improve my GMAT substantially?

WHy are you posting this here? Start a new thread. also try r/mba on reddit.com . That community is really nice for profile evaluation. You can look up r/gmat while at it.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts