GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 10:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation (2019 intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation (2019 intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 11:15
Hi,
I request you to provide me guidance on choosing which B-schools to apply for in Round -2.
Brief Background: GMAT 700 (Q 48 V 37)
I am a 26 year old Indian male candidate with 4 years of work experience with PwC and EY in Risk Consulting Services ( purely client facing). I also have Entrepreneurial experience as i worked in my family business ( Retail and wholesale trading) for 1.5 years after graduation. I graduated in 2013 with B.com from Osmania university. (GPA-3.9)
Additionally, i have completed all the levels of CFA program in consecutive attempts.(2016-2018).

I am very determined for 2019 intake and would consider top Bschools across India, Singapore US, UK, Canada. Please suggest schools where the probability of getting an interview call would be high enough.

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1225 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation (2019 intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 21:16
One piece of advice I'd give you for your b-school apps is to name your family business as your post-MBA goal. Adcoms love family business applicants -- you've got a guaranteed job (which is good for their employment stats) and you're usually also able to ultimately really drive significant results & impact, and adcoms like alumni who have gone on to have big impact. You are coming from the toughest demographic out there when it comes to b-school apps, and it's one that tends to have very high GMAT scores (740+) but you can use your family business experience and some family business focused post-MBA goals to help overcome those challenges. Based on what you shared here, I'd recommend looking at Tepper, UNC & Emory as target schools in the US. Oxford would be a good option in the UK.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 22:35
Thank you for considering my request.
Does Kellogg looks a realistic choice?

Sent from my XT1225 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 13:29
Kellogg will be more in the reach category - their average GMAT is ~730 so your 700 makes it more challenging. In addition to that, you are coming from the toughest demographic out there when it comes to b-school applications & it's also one that tends to have very high GMATs. When a school has an average GMAT of 700 for example, the Indian males who are accepted often have scores more like 740+. The fact that you don't have an engineering background (and the family business) will help you differentiate yourself, but you'll still be considered in comparison to this demographic of Indian male applicants to some extent & the competition is fierce. So like I said, it's worth a shot but it would be in the reach category given all of these factors. And if you think there is any chance of improving your GMAT score without taking time away from your essays definitely give that a shot!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

Profile Evaluation (2019 intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap