Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 17:03 It is currently 11 May 2024, 17:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
theeconomist wrote:
Thank you for a quick and candid reply. You have pointed out precisely my concern, the lack of experience. But I do have a graduate degree in Finance and it will be less than useful to pursue another graduate degree in management. I noticed that some of the questions are not answered. While the lack of experience may prevent me from successful admissions at many schools, do you believe that I have no reasonable chance at any school in a year's time, say in 2017? Does having a sibling in Penn Med help with MBA admissions at Wharton? Does my age play a positive or negative role in my admissions? Will they overlook the lack of experience with my age?

Hello there again.
The main issue still remains work experience. For the majority of MBA programs (especially the better ones) you have too little, and also your work experience will not be considered very strong. (Normally, young candidates who apply with 2 years experience come from either IB or top consulting firms). Even in 2017 with the one more year experience of the same (instructional assistant) will likely not be enough to get you into top programs. Top schools like Wharton will be looking for minimum 2 years experience in some sort of professional context regardless of your educational background, or family background, although both can help.

But without the basis it's gonna be tough going at Top 20 schools.

Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9228 posts