Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
They can help a little, especially if related to your post-MBA goals. The trouble with MOOCs is that there's often no way for schools to validate that you completed them, or more importantly how you did in the course / what you learned. The best courses to take are ones from accredited universities where you can provide proof of completion and a high grade via a transcript. But MOOCs in your target field certainly can't hurt, and may also help you to speak more intelligently about your goals.

-Kate

prakhar39 wrote:
How helpful are mooc...if I get them in operations, post mba I want to work as operations consultant and some certified course such as scaling operations strategy or someother course....will this make my application more strong

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaMissionKate wrote:
They can help a little, especially if related to your post-MBA goals. The trouble with MOOCs is that there's often no way for schools to validate that you completed them, or more importantly how you did in the course / what you learned. The best courses to take are ones from accredited universities where you can provide proof of completion and a high grade via a transcript. But MOOCs in your target field certainly can't hurt, and may also help you to speak more intelligently about your goals.

-Kate

prakhar39 wrote:
How helpful are mooc...if I get them in operations, post mba I want to work as operations consultant and some certified course such as scaling operations strategy or someother course....will this make my application more strong

I will certainly need your help to make a story, after I complete GMAT which is scheduled next week.
Will come back to you for further assistance.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck with the GMAT! Let us know how it goes, or feel free to sign up for a free phone consult to discuss your application strategy here:

https://www.mbamission.com/consult/

prakhar39 wrote:
mbaMissionKate wrote:

-Kate

prakhar39 wrote:

I will certainly need your help to make a story, after I complete GMAT which is scheduled next week.
Will come back to you for further assistance.
Moderator:
1452 posts