It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 22:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 06:52
Hello,

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs.

Profile: I completed my graduation in Computer Science Engineering from one of the top 10 colleges in India in 2014 with a CGPA of 8.75. I have been working with Bank of America since then, first as a Senior Technical Associate and then promoted to Senior Software Engineer in January 2017. I am joining an algorithmic trading firm in October 2017, as a Product Manager.

Extra-curricular: I am one of the co-founders of Teach for Vellore, a non profit initiative working on similar grounds as Teach for America or Teach for India.
In 2016, I had also co-founded 90percent.in, an initiative to promote financial awareness among the masses.
I am a Co-leader in an Adventure firm in Mumbai, India and have conducted over 8 treks with over 100 people.
I am an Environment ambassador in Bank of America and was Head of Critics, Toastmasters Chennai, Bank of America chapter.
I also have completed diploma in Fine Arts from a fine institute in my school days and was the School Head too.

I gave my GMAT last year, with the score of 710 (50 in Quant, 36 in verbal, 6 in AWA and 4 in IR)

Below is the shortlist which I have done:

1) US - Cornell, Columbia, Booth, Wharton, Ross
2) Asia – ISB/NUS/NTU/HKUST/CUHK

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Finance

I need your help in deciding which colleges I should apply to.

I am targeting top 15 US B schools. So should I apply in Round 1 or give GMAT again and apply in Round 2 with a higher score?
Also, what other schools can i keep in my options in case I dont retake. I am an Indian, female, engineer.
Should I mention this new job that I am taking up in October in my application?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2017, 09:51
Hi Can anyone please check my profile for SAID

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for 23 Circles of Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations saving them more than 40 million
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 19:05
Hi, and thanks for writing! IT sounds like you have a strong academic background, progressive work experience, and good extracurriculars. Since you're coming from a competitive demographic, a higher GMAT would help, though a 710 certainly is solid. I think in addition to the Asian schools you named, for Cornell and Ross (and perhaps a couple of others schools in the top 15, such as Fuqua and Darden) applying R1 with a 710 could be feasible; however, for CBS/Booth/Wharton, I'd target a higher score and apply Round 2 (additionally, for the fact that the Booth and Wharton R1 deadlines are in less than 2 weeks).

For any schools you do apply to, be sure to make a strong case for why that program is a strong fit for you (based on its resources, culture, etc.).

Hope that helps! :)

vj160192 wrote:
Hello,

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs.

Profile: I completed my graduation in Computer Science Engineering from one of the top 10 colleges in India in 2014 with a CGPA of 8.75. I have been working with Bank of America since then, first as a Senior Technical Associate and then promoted to Senior Software Engineer in January 2017. I am joining an algorithmic trading firm in October 2017, as a Product Manager.

Extra-curricular: I am one of the co-founders of Teach for Vellore, a non profit initiative working on similar grounds as Teach for America or Teach for India.
In 2016, I had also co-founded 90percent.in, an initiative to promote financial awareness among the masses.
I am a Co-leader in an Adventure firm in Mumbai, India and have conducted over 8 treks with over 100 people.
I am an Environment ambassador in Bank of America and was Head of Critics, Toastmasters Chennai, Bank of America chapter.
I also have completed diploma in Fine Arts from a fine institute in my school days and was the School Head too.

I gave my GMAT last year, with the score of 710 (50 in Quant, 36 in verbal, 6 in AWA and 4 in IR)

Below is the shortlist which I have done:

1) US - Cornell, Columbia, Booth, Wharton, Ross
2) Asia – ISB/NUS/NTU/HKUST/CUHK

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Finance

I need your help in deciding which colleges I should apply to.

I am targeting top 15 US B schools. So should I apply in Round 1 or give GMAT again and apply in Round 2 with a higher score?
Also, what other schools can i keep in my options in case I dont retake. I am an Indian, female, engineer.
Should I mention this new job that I am taking up in October in my application?

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Expert Post
B

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 19:07
Hi - what is your post-MBA goal, and which geography are you targeting after graduation?

Rahul30 wrote:
Hi Can anyone please check my profile for SAID

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for 23 Circles of Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations saving them more than 40 million
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap