GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 04:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 02:25
Indian, female
Undergrad: Economics (first class degree, top 5 in class, top 10 college in India)
GMAT: 710 (48Q, 39V, IR 6, AWA 6)
Work ex:
1.5 years in investing (private >$500M AUM family office) - deal & portfolio work
4 + years leading digital marketing at 2 high-growth startups in India (currently Head - Digital Marketing for one of them)

ECs: Leading fundraising for sport for development NGO (raised approx $100K in funding from sports major & large bank over 4 years).
Chosen by the United Nations as one of Asia's top young leaders in sport for development.
Invited to attend a UN Leadership Development Camp as a guest of Japan's Ministry of Sport.
Debate Club President at university.

Short term goal: Marketing at Nike/Adidas, Long term: Lead India business for Nike / Adidas.

Target schools: HBS, GSB.

Would I have any shot at all with that GMAT? I work a decently quantitative job, and have a background in investing. Messed up on day of exam.
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
GRE 1: 323 Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2018, 04:23
sushruthi wrote:
Indian, female
Undergrad: Economics (first class degree, top 5 in class, top 10 college in India)
GMAT: 710 (48Q, 39V, IR 6, AWA 6)
Work ex:
1.5 years in investing (private >$500M AUM family office) - deal & portfolio work
4 + years leading digital marketing at 2 high-growth startups in India (currently Head - Digital Marketing for one of them)

ECs: Leading fundraising for sport for development NGO (raised approx $100K in funding from sports major & large bank over 4 years).
Chosen by the United Nations as one of Asia's top young leaders in sport for development.
Invited to attend a UN Leadership Development Camp as a guest of Japan's Ministry of Sport.
Debate Club President at university.

Short term goal: Marketing at Nike/Adidas, Long term: Lead India business for Nike / Adidas.

Target schools: HBS, GSB.

Would I have any shot at all with that GMAT? I work a decently quantitative job, and have a background in investing. Messed up on day of exam.

I am not an expert but your short term and long term goals have a lot of overlap with mine.( I love the converse brand from Nike.)

Now, you have a solid GMAT. But for the schools you mentioned it is pretty low.

Next, Why are you sticking to just the two of them. Nike is in Portland and Boston(headquarters) That makes BC a viable option too.

Plus look at schools such as Kelley,Vandy and Tepper.

If you aim for these schools that would eliminate the need to retake the GMAT. Else if you only want HBS and GSB then retake the GMAT and aim for a 760 if you an Asian Male and a 740 if you are an Asian Female.

Best
Stone Cold

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap