GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 11:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 16:00
Hello!
Could you please evaluate my profile?

Turkish
Undergrad - Management - GPA: 3,05/4,00 (one of the best uni of Turkey) -back then, I was not interested in finance, my finance grades not impressive-
Grad - Banking and Finance GPA: 3,96/4,00 (did not finish dissertation, coursework completed - got advanced finance courses, straight A's-)
GMAT 690 (Q50 V33)
CFA Level 3 candidate, passed level 2 in 90th percentile
3-4 years of job experience at 2nd biggest bank of Turkey. (capital markets + project finance)

Looking for MSc finance programs in Europe, (only 1 year programs)

What are my chances for LSE and HEC? I will also apply to ESADE, RSM, SDA Bocconi (MICF), University of Amsterdam.
Director
Director
G
Re: Profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 09:04
Did you get the masters? If so, great GPA. GMAT could be higher, but it’s all verbal which isn’t as important for these programs. L2 done and good work experience.

HEC seems to be the toughest of the ones you listed to get into. LSE should admit you. Bocconi I think yes. Others, I’d say without a doubt.

IMO, focus on LSE, HEC and Bocconi. Let the others be safeties.

Posted from my mobile device
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 00:01
Hey there,

As you stated you have graduated from a good school which will be a positive thing on your application.
Your Undergrad GPA is decent as well. GMAT looks good for ESADE and Bocconi but is on the lower scale for HEC and LBS.

What really works for you is the CFA and Work ex part.

CFA is highly valued by MFin Schools, this can act as a profile differentiator.
You seem to have an extensive experience in core finance fields, so that’ll be a plus.
However, make a note that a lot of finance applicants are not articulate about this - They miss highlighting the right points despite having a solid work experience.
So make sure that you are digging deep into your work profile, and picking up strong experiences. In this context, spend enough time on your essays as this is where you get a chance to showcase how you are a good fit for the school

Lastly, your ethnicity can help as well as schools are always on the lookout for people from different nationalities to improve the diversity of the cohort.

As for your target schools, ESSADE, HEC, Bacconi are quite competitive make sure you ace every part of the application (essays, GMAT, LOR, resume) to get noticed.

Hope this helps.

To get a better idea of your profile you can check out this profile evaluation link below to know about your chances at your target schools: http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2019, 00:01

Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status