GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2019, 13:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2019, 15:23
Hi, Please help with a quick profile review

I am a 27 year old Indian Female. I completed my Engineering and have almost 5 years of experience. I started working as a coder at Accenture, and now I work with one of the Big 4s, in Mergers and Acquisitions, advising Investors and Private Equity firms in India, Middle East and South East Asia on their investments and helping conglomerates in these geographies on post merger Integrations and transformation synergies. This has been a huge career climb, for me, personally. I have worked with and as:
1. One of the biggest e-commerce firm in India as a business consultant advising the firm on how to close some of the loopholes
2. A coder at Accenture (German Telecom client)
3. An American consulting firm with its offices in India - Advising clients in India, Germany, North America and Japan on their tech transformation and go-to-market strategy
4. Big 4 - M&A consulting - Strategy (explained above)

My post MBA goals are : To work with Private Equity / VCs, and become an investor / PE founder, in the next 5-7 Years.

My undergrads are average from an average college, and I have a GMAT of 690. My job Is demanding and requires a lot of travel, I might improve this score.

My extra curricular include working with 3 startups on their launch and expansion strategy, winning in a national level event in my college (SAE BAJA), led and organised cultural events in college fest, was an active participant in the international student exchange program at school for 2 years, stints in scriptwriting and direction, Crossfit.

Target Schools - Tuck, Fuqua, Kellogg, NYU Stern, LBS, HEC Paris (Alumni recommendation), SAID (Oxford) (Alumni recommendation), Insead Paris. (I am aware I am aiming too high given my
Non -IIT background and average grades, Please feel free to give me a reality check)

10th - 82%
12th - 75%
B.Tech - 62%

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 20:53
The good news is that you've got some strong work experience & it sounds like you have some great material for essays. That said, the GMAT & GPA are both significant challenges in your candidacy. If there's any chance you can improve your GMAT to the 720-730 range (the higher the better) that will make a huge difference in your candidacy. Applying to b-school is a life changing decision so it's worth carving some time out of work to study for the GMAT if you can. In general you want to at least hit the average score at your target schools but when you have a lower than average GPA the ideal is to be ~20 points above the GMAT average. Although your work experience will also help to compensate for the GMAT if you're unable to achieve that ~20 above the average you at least want to be more in range than a 690 if you want to apply to top 10 schools. With your current score you'd be competitive at schools in the mid-teens to twenties range (we use US News & World Report rankings). I'd really do what you can to improve the score since your work experience is strong & I think you do have a shot at top 10-15 schools with a higher GMAT.

If you need any help thinking through your strategy or your story definitely reach out to us. If you email Claudia at claudia@admissionado.com she can set you up with a free consultation with one of our MBA consultants who can talk throgh all of this with you in more detail & help you figure out a plan!

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado