Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Nik11 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm searching for an honest profile valuation; I'll try to give each possible piece of information to make your work easier.

•22 yo going for 23 in late 2021
•BSc in Economics and Business Administration, Major in Management
•GPA 3,79/4,00 (28,5/30)
•From the best available option in Italy after Bocconi, so very prestigious in Italy, but not so much ( at least I believe) outside
•N.B.: Even though it might seem silly to point out this, an Italian GPA, especially if from a Prestigious/semiPrest. Institution, should be considered very carefully because our grading system is very challenging.
To make an example: to get a 27 here it is quite difficult, far more than the equivalent B. I noticed that a 28,5 GPA should be considered close to a equivalent 3,90 rather than the actual 3,80; if you don't think so or you think the best business schools don't care of these things please explain, it would be very helpful.

•Internships: 3 different Mid Real estate development firms
(The first has built the Japan pavilion of 2015 EXPO) 2+2+6= 10 months
•Other experiences: I managed multiple small/mid business initiatives. Sometimes quite trivials, other times quite creatives
•started to study and learn Python 10 months ago and I developed some straightforward algo for specific related purposes. For instance, to evaluate plot of lands using multiple var. or to mimic the behavior of a Convertible Bond Option
•besides the basic BMC from Bloomberg and a MOOC from Wharton(EdX), I'm preparing for CAIA level 1 (August 2021).
•now bad stuffs: current TOEFL score:99 (quite surprisingly)
GMAT is booked for the next month after which I should retake the TOEFL

I'm aiming for the following programs, but all depends by my GMAT score:

LBS(MFA, maybe even MiM)
LSE(MscF,MscF&PE,MscREE&F)
HEC(MIF)
HSG(MBF, MiM)
NUS(MscF)
Bocconi(MscF)
INSEAD(MiM)
maybe ESCP(MscF)

What do you think? What should be my cut of in the GMAT?
Every advice would be helpful

Posted from my mobile device

Hey Nik11,

Beginning your profile evaluation, I would like to applaud the fact that you managed to bag a strong GPA despite a tough grading system. Moreover, Bocconi is a very prestigious school and its brand name aids in strengthening your profile as your target schools tend to favour candidates from top schools of each country.

Coming on to your internship experience, you have worked on big projects which is a good differentiator in your profile. However, one thing that is lacking is big brand names. To remedy this, you can talk about what were your roles and responsibilities here, how you have gone above and beyond, what were the impacts created, and the knowledge gained. This will help you stand at par with your competitors and showcase that you are no less than a big4 candidate.

Another significant aspect that schools focus is on extracurricular activities. So you would be required to elucidate your proactiveness in extracurriculars and other initiatives. In case you don’t have any, it's recommended to work upon the same to build a holistic profile. You can take up volunteering work at local shelters or join certain clubs and organizations where you’d be able to make a positive impact by leveraging your leadership and communication skills. You can also take up some courses or certifications that would portray how you are always willing to upskill yourself.

Moving on, since you are considering a Mfin programme, I would recommend you to set a target score of 700 while bearing in mind the importance of having a strong quant score (48+).

Given your school choices, LBS, LSE, HEC, INSEAD, HSG fall under the dream category (chances of acceptance are 40-50%) whereas NUS, Bocconi, ESCP can be clubbed under the competitive category (chances of acceptance are 60-70%).

All things considered, to increase your chances of acceptance at these schools, you need to ensure that you have a strong application. An application through its various components like essays, LORs and SOPs would help you to highlight your strengths and give apt justifications for your weaknesses to smooth over any flaws in your profile. Moreover, the application acts as the window through which the admission committee can peer into your skills, calibre and your personality.

Lastly, since the major chances of your admission depend on the quality of your application, you might want to seek professional help to secure your spot in your target school. That said, having helped over 3500+ applicants get into their dream schools, you can thus check out our, All-in-One Solution, an end to end consulting solution designed to assist applicants right from shortlisting schools and creating a pitch-perfect application to prepping for the interview and bagging scholarships.

Interested in learning more? Click the link below to gain insights into how we can assist you in creating an application that could boost your chances of acceptance by a minimum of 3x.

Link for the All-in-One solution:

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation [#permalink]