Last visit was: 16 May 2024, 22:55 It is currently 16 May 2024, 22:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Coaching
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 643 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
edacoskunnztx wrote:
Hello could you evaluate my profile for the LSE Msc in finance, LBS MFA, Oxford Financial Economics, Stockholm School of Economics Msc in Finance, HEC Paris International Finance:
My GPA is 3.66, I am studying in one of the best universities in Turkey
GMAT 690 (V 32 Q 50 AWA 5) / GRE 323 (V 155, Q 168, AWA 4.5)
I study Industrial Engineering and I have a minor in Psychology
I had internship experience in KPMG and 2 Turkish investment banks, also in 1 financial consultancy company ( I am doing internship since my sophomore year :) )
I had volunteering experience in Russia, which was the AIESEC programme, I taught English to ophan children there
Erasmus programme in Portugal/ University of Minho for 6 months
I have several certificates from coursera, udemy etc. that are mostly for finance and accounting (in my university I did not have an option to choose more than 2 electives from same department so I tried to compensate my lack of knowledge by doing so)
I was the campus leader of the Hult Prize competiton which is a startup competition conducted by Hult International basically
I was in ESTIEM, which is an international student club [ESTIEM (European Students of Industrial Engineering and Management) is a non-profit, non-governmental and non-political student organisation that connects European students that combine technological understanding with management skills]
I know Python, R, SQL, Excel VBA, Tableau, Minitab
I am doing a senior year project that is about product portfolio optimization (covers Deep Learning, ML, Optimization)

edacoskunnztx hope this finds you well. Your profile seems really good on the surface. With your Q50 and a Q168, I think you are in good shape to apply. I have worked with LSE applicants there would advise you to keep the following suggestions in mind while preparing your application

For LSE's MSc Finance particularly I advise you to cover the following points in your application to show a strong motivation for the program

• Proof of enthusiasm and motivation for study of the subject :

To give context around your choice of métier, you could talk about being passionate about business and finance since early, and supplement your interest with examples of courses or internships you did. Your switch from engineering to finance makes a strong statement for your love of this field. Build on it. LSE SOPs are expected to be highly focused on academic learnings (75%). Since you do not have formal education in Finance, elaborate on learnings from your internships and supplemental sources.

• Understanding, experience, and appreciation of the subject through real-life applications and projects:

For this, you can leverage insights from your internships (hope you did some). Speak in depth about any projects or finance-related topics that were pivotal in motivating you to explore this subject further. What did you learn during your internships and how has the learning motivated your decision to study this subject further.

• academic focus: Highlight any other academic accolades/scholarships/recognition if any

• Super curricular – what supplementary books, articles, research papers, newspapers you read.
What podcasts do you listen to? How do these activities support and complement your interest in the subject?

I advise you to cover this point well in your sops

• Extra Curriculars
Talk about the transferrable skills from ECs that will help you achieve goals as a future business leader

Other points to keep in mind
• Show originality and thought process in your application
• Show active engagement with the target school and potential recruiters post MBA (show how conscientious you are!)

Pro tip- Write to the professors or request a catchup. It works like magic if you talk about some academic subjects and seek recommendations for supplemental reading. You could talk about it in your SOPs later.

Best wishes
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]