It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 13:13

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation 710 GMAT 2 years work ex

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation 710 GMAT 2 years work ex [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 00:35
Hi guys!!
Need some feedback on my profile and steps ahead as I plan on applying in fall 2018! It would be great if I get some solid guidance amongst alumni with prior application experience :)
So, basics:

GMAT score: 710
Degrees:
B.Sc. (Statistics) with Economics honours certification, GPA: 3.85/4
M.Sc. ( Economics) with GPA: 2.92/4
Work experience:
2 years of analytical consulting experience within the retail domain with a recent promotion and several on-shore assignments.
Lookout for a job currently in the social consulting space/ holding offer with a consumer products company.

Several internship experiences ( National Stock Exchange, wealth management firm)

Extra-curricular:
Mentor at an educational NGO that aims at ensuring sustainable outcomes for students of shelter homes where I lead a group of 40+ volunteer workforce that looks after teaching students in the subjects of English and math, raised around 1 lakh funds for the same in the course of a year, organized several city wide events and awareness campaigns for the same.

Trained classical dancer and singer with certification of 3 and 5 years respectively.

Learning French on a professional level.

Participated and won in regular elocution, debate, seminars, festivals in school and college in capacity of an organizer and a delegate.

Selected for a 3 week Indian leadership exchange program by NYU Stern School of business in New York while pursuing undergraduation

The above captures briefly about my accomplishments so far. Please advise on the kind of colleges I should reach out for and the value additions that would help me in the next year before applying. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Re: Profile evaluation 710 GMAT 2 years work ex [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 21:54
[quote="Taanya Khare"]Hi guys!!

Hi Taanya,

Your profile looks good in the making. For building it for next year's applications, I'd focus on 3 things:
1. Improve your GMAT score to 730+ - this is almost a requirement if you are applying to the top b-schools.

2. Continue to build upon your experiences at work- take initiatives in doing new things and new projects, push yourself beyond your comfort zone to learn new things and gain some leadership experiences in ongoing projects.

3. Continue your volunteering - you are accumulating significant leadership experience at the NGO. Continue that. Your other activities- dancing, French et al are good because they demonstrate that you do things outside your work, but in terms of making impact, your volunteering work will be most important.

It will be difficult to comment on the two job offers that you have without knowing more about your current work experience and why you want to shift to a new organization.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2017, 02:27
Hi, MBA decoder! Thanks for that guidance! :D In terms of my career goals, I have strong inclination to work in the social consulting workspace post MBA and hence looking out for opportunities in a similar sphere. Currently, I hold an offer with an FMCG company as a consultant and am contemplating about going ahead with the same till I get a more suitable job.

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 340 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 05:01
Taanya Khare wrote:
Hi guys!!
Need some feedback on my profile and steps ahead as I plan on applying in fall 2018! It would be great if I get some solid guidance amongst alumni with prior application experience :)
So, basics:

GMAT score: 710
Degrees:
B.Sc. (Statistics) with Economics honours certification, GPA: 3.85/4
M.Sc. ( Economics) with GPA: 2.92/4
Work experience:
2 years of analytical consulting experience within the retail domain with a recent promotion and several on-shore assignments.
Lookout for a job currently in the social consulting space/ holding offer with a consumer products company.

Several internship experiences ( National Stock Exchange, wealth management firm)

Extra-curricular:
Mentor at an educational NGO that aims at ensuring sustainable outcomes for students of shelter homes where I lead a group of 40+ volunteer workforce that looks after teaching students in the subjects of English and math, raised around 1 lakh funds for the same in the course of a year, organized several city wide events and awareness campaigns for the same.

Trained classical dancer and singer with certification of 3 and 5 years respectively.

Learning French on a professional level.

Participated and won in regular elocution, debate, seminars, festivals in school and college in capacity of an organizer and a delegate.

Selected for a 3 week Indian leadership exchange program by NYU Stern School of business in New York while pursuing undergraduation

The above captures briefly about my accomplishments so far. Please advise on the kind of colleges I should reach out for and the value additions that would help me in the next year before applying. Thanks in advance :)

So what schools could be relevant depends on the strength of your essays and recommendations as well, besides what you mentioned. So I can’t really say for sure without knowing about that but I would say that top 10 schools may be out of reach unless your essays and recommendations are great (and/or you work with a professional consultant) but top 20 should be realistic. But top 10 might be possible under the right circumstances too (see above).

As you have a connection to NYU Stern I would be interested in knowing if they are on your radar at all? If not, why?

Measurable achievements at work is what would improve your profile the most at the moment, as well as amazing essays and recommendations, as I already mentioned.

Good luck!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 340 [0], given: 2

Re: Profile evaluation 710 GMAT 2 years work ex   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2017, 05:01

Profile evaluation 710 GMAT 2 years work ex

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap