GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 10:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation ----- B Schools

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation ----- B Schools  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 01:18
Hi,

can you please evaluate my profile I believe have mentioned all of the required details below in case you need any more information just ask.

Education:

- BS.c (Electrical Engineering with Specialization in Computer Engineering) - CGPA: 3.1/4.0 - from one of the top Pakistani Universities
- CFA level III Candidate.

* I believe having Engineering, Programming experience coupled with advance knowledge of finance is a plus for my application.

Work Experience (4 - 5 Years): Corporate Coverage Analyst/ Relationship Manager - Corporate and Investment Banking @ Pakistan Largest Corporate and Investment Bank

- Portfolio size USD ~600 M, spanning over multiple economic Sectors I.e. Power Generation, Chemicals, Consumer Electronics, Synthetic leather, Textile and Information Technology.

- Consulted client to re-profile its balance sheet after analyzing its financials which improved overall strength of the balance sheet and resulted in deployment of USD ~20 M.

- Successfully marketed a new relationship which resulted in deployment of USD ~35 M.

- For the past two years managed commodity procurement in Pakistan which included looking after field work operations, activities and organization of more than 100 branches and resulted in solicitation of USD ~6 M plus in procurement commission each year.

- Served as an interface between engineering and business team for successful implementation of the credit management solution.

GMAT:

- Practice test sore 700+, so please evaluate my profile with a score of 710.

Other Achievements:

Winner National Grassroots ICT Research Initiative
Winner Management Trainee Talent Competition. (HBL)
Runner Up Engineering Project Completion – SOFTEC (One of Pakistan largest engineering project competitions)
Runner UP Engineering Project Competition – NASCON (One of Pakistan largest engineering project competitions)

* Please note need based financial aid or scholarship is a must for me so, can you please comment whether this profile can help me achieve this goal.
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation ----- B Schools  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 14:53
Your work experience is solid & you've got some good accomplishments there. Your GPA is quite low, however, and your GMAT is fairly average & actually below average for your demographic - and the GMAT is something the adcom looks to for compensation for a low GPA. If there's any possibility of improving for GMAT to a 740+ that will really help your candidacy & put your score more at the average for your demographic (at least in terms of those from your demographic who tend to get into top 20 schools).

That said, if we assume your score lands at 710, I think you'd have a shot at securing funding at schools in the ~25-30 range (for example: Olin, Rice, & Vanderbilt. If you can apply for a loan & don't need a scholarship, I think you'd have a good shot at schools like UNC, Tepper, UT Austin, Emory, and UCLA. You could also take a shot at schools like NYU, Cornell and Darden but they'll be more in the reach category assuming a 710.

The idea is that b-school will significantly improve your earning potential (making it easier to pay off a loan) so if possible I wouldn't limit your choices to schools where you think you'll get a scholarship. The higher ranked school you can attend the better, and when you want a scholarship you'll obviously have to aim lower in the rankings. If you did not do much studying prior to receiving that practice score of 700 then I think you do have a shot at a final score in the 730-740 range if you can really buckle down & put in some time for the GMAT.

Profile Evaluation ----- B Schools

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado