Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 10:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation and guidance

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation and guidance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 13:32
I am 24 years old male from India.
Gave GRE last month and got:-
Quant 169
Verbal 159
AWA 5.0

IELTS 8 bands

Graduation:- B.tech CSE from a reputed university with 7.5 CGPA; Excellent practical skills
(Gave CAT exam this year for admission in India's MBA courses: getting 99+ percentile in a pool of nearly 150000 student;; if it is any help??)

Work Ex: Have done 2 month summer internships;
No professional Work EX
Extra-Curricular:- Taught Computer Science, Maths and English in a village 4 days in a month

Was planning to change domains to finance and was hoping to gain an evaluation of my profile for some of the top programs like: MIT M.Fin, Princeton M.Fin, CMU MSCF, LSE 2 year M.Fin, Baruch. Please feel free to suggest some other courses I can safely apply to. And how can I make my application strong??
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member
Re: Profile Evaluation and guidance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 13:53
sdfsad wrote:
I am 24 years old male from India.
Gave GRE last month and got:-
Quant 169
Verbal 159
AWA 5.0

IELTS 8 bands

Graduation:- B.tech CSE from a reputed university with 7.5 CGPA; Excellent practical skills
(Gave CAT exam this year for admission in India's MBA courses: getting 99+ percentile in a pool of nearly 150000 student;; if it is any help??)

Work Ex: Have done 2 month summer internships;
No professional Work EX
Extra-Curricular:- Taught Computer Science, Maths and English in a village 4 days in a month

Was planning to change domains to finance and was hoping to gain an evaluation of my profile for some of the top programs like: MIT M.Fin, Princeton M.Fin, CMU MSCF, LSE 2 year M.Fin, Baruch. Please feel free to suggest some other courses I can safely apply to. And how can I make my application strong??

Hello sdfsad

Being a female is going to be your advantage from diversification point of view.

GRE Quant is what is important and 169 is really no different from 170, congrats on that.

Your undergraduate GPA is fine, getting 99 percentile on CAT is certainly helpful.

Teaching experience in CS, Math and English will count.

There are no safe choices when you target only top MS in Finance programs, like you do.

You have a great list there, I would add :

Berkeley

Columbia

Stern

MIT

And few less competitive:

Georgia Institute of Technology

Boston University

North Carolina State University

Rutgers University

Johns Hopkins University

Good Luck with application ! :cool: