GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2019, 01:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation and School Recommendations

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation and School Recommendations  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 13:30
Hi all!

I am aiming to attend an MBA program in Europe January 2020 or Sept 2020 latest (as I fear submitting a late application for Sept 2019 programs might be useless as at seems most schools are already waitlisting applicants).

I would greatly appreciate feedback on my chances of admission / areas to improve / or suggestions of schools that might be a good fit.

Who am I: Canadian, Female, 28 years, living/working in East and West Africa the last 5 years
Undergrad: H. BA Business and Law 84% GPA
Law school: Was admitted and completed 1 year of a J.D. in Canada before realizing that law was not my path
Work Experience: I've spent the last 4 years growing a 10 person social enterprise start-up into a 300+ employee thriving company (target market: BoP populations). Now manage 5 direct reports on the team that I built and lead (Head of Marketing)
GMAT: Haven't taken - though I know from my experience in taking the LSAT that this will be a weak point
EC/Hobbies: I've fostered 3 street dogs from a local shelter (Kenya) over the last 2 years, enjoy mountain climbing (have summated Kilimanjario and mt. Kenya), currently enrolled in an intensive french course (level B1)
Target schools: ESADE, Oxford, IE, others??

My long-term goal is to enter the C-suite for a multi-national company based in Europe (with a possible link to Africa)

1) Would I be a good fit for my target schools? Are there others I should consider?
2) What is the minimum GMAT score I would need to apply with for a reasonable chance of admission?

Many many thanks in advance!
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation and School Recommendations  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 17:27
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out! Sounds like you've had some really impressive work experience - that's awesome that you started a social enterprise & that you've grown it to that size. The fact that you have 5 years of experience in Africa is going to strengthen your candidacy as well. Ideally, you'd get at least a 700 on the GMAT (and if you do, INSEAD would be an option for you as well - a bit of a reach but a school you'd have a shot at given your experience). I'd aim for a 680 minimum. 680 is on the low end but schools may be willing to overlook it given the strength of your work experience & assuming some strong LORs. It will be easier to give you guidance on schools once you know your final GMAT score so feel to reach back out once you've got that info!

You'll also want to be sure to firm up your career goals. C-suite is too vague to be honest - they want to know the specific ST & LT title you are aiming for (so is it marketing, finance, strategy, etc) as well as 2-3 target firms. You need to be ready to speak to the challenges you hope to tackle in your career, the impact you want to have and WHY this is your passion -- as well as why your target firms are the best place for you to accomplish all of this. Your argument for why you need the MBA rests on those post-MBA goals so they are a critical part of your application & also an opportunity for you to differentiate yourself.

If you'd like any help thinking through your goals feel free to reach out to us & Claudia can get you set up with a free consultation with one of our MBA consultants! You can reach her at claudia@admissionado.com.

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

Profile Evaluation and School Recommendations

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado