GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 May 2019, 13:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ms Finance Profile evaluation and suggestions.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Ms Finance Profile evaluation and suggestions.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 09:39
Hey,

I have done my bachelors in commerce from university of Delhi with 84% I.e 3.0 GPA. My current GMAT score is 720, I will re write the exam and will be aiming for 750+.
Currently I am working as Finance and accounting analyst with Accenture(joined 1.5 years back) Apart from this I have done 2 internships(one in marketing and one in finance).
I have have completed 3 piano certificate courses(level 1,2 and 3). I have played football at university level and have won various tournaments. During my college days I was part of cultural club and helped in organising various events.

I am targeting the following schools:

1)Frankfurt school of finance and management
2)MIT Sloan
3)HEC
4)Imperial college london

Kindly go through the profile and let me know what I can improve.I will apply in 2018 or 2019

Regards,

Samarth

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
G
Re: Ms Finance Profile evaluation and suggestions.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2017, 13:34
So the GMAT is good (and higher would be better). The GPA is going to hurt you. Accenture will benefit you and the work experience is about right.

I would say you should be competitive at all the schools, with the exception of MIT.
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2017, 03:51
Hey Samarth,

You have a fairly impressive profile and a pretty good GMAT score.
Remember that GMAT scores have a total of 25% weightage in the application package, while the total application package (consisting of your essays, resume, LOR) accounts for around 30%.
Since you already have an accomplished GMAT score even by the standards of Tier-1 universities, there is no real purpose in re-taking the exam.
It is a good idea to concentrate on the other aspects of your application like your essays and resume.

As far as your your work experience goes, having a 1.5 year work experience with a global brand like Accenture is definitely a plus point.
You have decent extra-curriculars, but B-Schools are more interested in impact rather than participation.
So, make sure you highlight on what kind of impact you created through those experiences.

With your profile, your chances at Frankfurt and Imperial are very positive.

You can take a profile evaluation test to check if you are an ideal fit for both the B-Schools here: http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

However, MIT sloan and HEC paris are extremely competitive programs which have paper-thin acceptance rates. A good GMAT score alone cannot support your selection chances at Tier-1 B-Schools.

The admission committees of such competitive schools want to know you motivation for joining the programme, why do you think you are the ideal fit for the school and more importantly how do you differ from the competition.
All the above factors can be showcased through your application essays and hence the essay is the most critical part of any B-school application.
Spend at least 20 days on your application and preferably apply in the Round 1 itself.

If you feel you need expert assistance, you can check out our Masters in finance essay editing services here : http://www.mim-essay.com/masters-finance-essay-editing/

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 01:05
Hi All,

I need some suggestions on Ms Finance programs and which universities to target. I am unable to reply to this thread as it shows "You must be a member for 5 days and have 5 posts before you can post urls." Can anyone please help me with this?

Regards,
Atish
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 13:44
atish15 wrote:
Hi All,

I need some suggestions on Ms Finance programs and which universities to target. I am unable to reply to this thread as it shows "You must be a member for 5 days and have 5 posts before you can post urls." Can anyone please help me with this?

Regards,
Atish

Need more information to really answer this question.
Re: Ms Finance Profile evaluation and suggestions.   [#permalink] 30 Jul 2017, 13:44

Ms Finance Profile evaluation and suggestions.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap