It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 12:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation for IIMA PGPX / ISB PGP

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Profile evaluation for IIMA PGPX / ISB PGP [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2015, 03:25
Dear Friends,

Thanks for helping all MBA aspirants. Request you to evaluate my profile. I am sharing the significant information.

Educational details:

10th and 12th from CBSE board in 1999 and 2001 respectively with 78 and 84% marks.

Engineering in Electronics & Communication from ITM Gurgaon, 2001-2005, 72% marks.

Distance learning MBA from IMT Ghaziabad between Aug 2005 and June 2011. Major subject HR, 70% marks. Can share more on this if required.

Overall an average student who never performed to his potential.

Professional details:

Sep’05 to Oct’07 – AbsolutData Research and Analytics – conducted data analysis of survey data for supporting market research studies for end clients of leading market research organizations like Lieberman Research Worldwide, Bovitz Research Group and Nielsen.

Oct’07 to Oct’08 – WNS Pune – prepared monthly reports to analyze the new business that Aviva did in terms of insurance premium.

Nov’08 to Jul’10 – Aon Hewitt – conducted employee engagement, employee onboarding, 360 degrees feedback studies.

Jul’10 till date – KPMG Global Services – working as a Manager and leading a team of 5 team members. I specialize in conducting functional benchmarking for support functions like HR, Finance, IT and Procurement. With my interest in HR function I have conducted HR function benchmarking more often than say Finance or IT function benchmarking. I also lead survey analytics capability and support global clients. Have been promoted twice in last four performance cycles.

Areas of interest:

Having worked for ~10 years primarily in outsourcing / offshoring industry now I want to switch to front end role. Also open to switch from consulting function to technology function.

Personal details:

Happily married and blessed with a son earlier this year.

GMAT: Enrolled in a classroom coaching programme and preparing for the GMAT. Plan is to take GMAT by 15th October.

The big question: With 10 years of experience and the experienced described as above will IIMA PGPX be suitable or ISB PGP?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Dheeraj

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 625 [1] , given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: Profile evaluation for IIMA PGPX / ISB PGP [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2015, 03:45
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Dheeraj

You have a pretty good profile with good work done in analytics, research, and consulting roles. You are one of the few people who is open to switching to the technology function from the consulting side - usually people try to go the other way. Your overall experience is a little HR-focused. Not sure if you would want to continue to work on HR-related issues post-MBA.

IIMA's class profile shows that the average experience of successful applicants there is 9.5 years - more than twice that of ISB's at 4.7 years. The average profile of participants is more senior at IIMA PGPX than at the ISB PGP. You would therefore find more people with your experience level at IIMA than at ISB.

That said, both programs are excellent. You should apply to both and then possibly choose IIMA if you get through to both. Else, ISB will be a great option too, and not really too much of a compromise.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [1] , given: 20

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2015, 22:07
dheerajb wrote:
Dear Friends,

Thanks for helping all MBA aspirants. Request you to evaluate my profile. I am sharing the significant information.

Educational details:

10th and 12th from CBSE board in 1999 and 2001 respectively with 78 and 84% marks.

Engineering in Electronics & Communication from ITM Gurgaon, 2001-2005, 72% marks.

Distance learning MBA from IMT Ghaziabad between Aug 2005 and June 2011. Major subject HR, 70% marks. Can share more on this if required.

Overall an average student who never performed to his potential.

Professional details:

Sep’05 to Oct’07 – AbsolutData Research and Analytics – conducted data analysis of survey data for supporting market research studies for end clients of leading market research organizations like Lieberman Research Worldwide, Bovitz Research Group and Nielsen.

Oct’07 to Oct’08 – WNS Pune – prepared monthly reports to analyze the new business that Aviva did in terms of insurance premium.

Nov’08 to Jul’10 – Aon Hewitt – conducted employee engagement, employee onboarding, 360 degrees feedback studies.

Jul’10 till date – KPMG Global Services – working as a Manager and leading a team of 5 team members. I specialize in conducting functional benchmarking for support functions like HR, Finance, IT and Procurement. With my interest in HR function I have conducted HR function benchmarking more often than say Finance or IT function benchmarking. I also lead survey analytics capability and support global clients. Have been promoted twice in last four performance cycles.

Areas of interest:

Having worked for ~10 years primarily in outsourcing / offshoring industry now I want to switch to front end role. Also open to switch from consulting function to technology function.

Personal details:

Happily married and blessed with a son earlier this year.

GMAT: Enrolled in a classroom coaching programme and preparing for the GMAT. Plan is to take GMAT by 15th October.

The big question: With 10 years of experience and the experienced described as above will IIMA PGPX be suitable or ISB PGP?

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Dheeraj

Hi Dheeraj,

Your profile is balanced and has depth and variety which both schools will like. Focus on getting a good GMAT score. While 690 or 700 on GMAT may be fine for ISB, we recommend that you target a 730 for IIMA. It is tougher given the competition and limited seats.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Official Business School Representative

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 0

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2015, 21:48
This post received
KUDOS
Dear Dheeraj,

Thanks for your interest in PGPX at IIM-Ahmedabad.

Your profile is good and seems to be competitive. For your info the average work ex. of the current batch is around 9 years and the average GMAT score is around 700.

For more details please go through our 'FAQ - Must Read' section on our website http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/programmes/pgpx.html or feel free to get in touch with us at pgpxquery@iimahd.ernet.in or call +91 79 6632 4450.

Kind regards,
Sajan Joseph
PGPX Manager – IIM Ahmedabad

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2015, 09:45
This post was
BOOKMARKED
dheerajb wrote:

IIMA PGPX.

Hope there comes a stage when you are spoilt for choice:).

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 02:53
Dear IIMA PGPX friend,

I sat for my GMAT today and got a 710 (v35, Q50 and IR4/8). With my 10+ years of experience, do you feel that this score is sufficient for getting shortlisted?

Regards,
Dheeraj

Re: Profile evaluation for IIMA PGPX / ISB PGP   [#permalink] 20 Oct 2015, 02:53