GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 06:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile evaluation for INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Insead Sept '17
GPA: 3.5
Profile evaluation for INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 08:11
I am considering a one year MBA program and am seeking your help on profile evaluation and on which colleges to apply to
Profile: 30 years female, commerce graduate from Delhi University
Professional experience: I have ten years of experience in business research with leading management consulting firms; Although I started with generalist research profile, I have built expertise in manufacturing industry. Have worked in individual contributor role mostly, do not have the team leading experience; have worked with people from different geographies
Post MBA goal: To work in a product management role in an e-commerce firm although I am equally open to figuring out what I want to do post MBA
Country of preference: I am pretty open to working in any geography.
Extra curricular: Have been consistently involved with NGOs; led a massive voter awareness campaign
Personal style: I travel extensively and prefer interacting with people from different cultures
Academics: 85% in 10 and 10+2
Bachelor’s: 3.4 GPA
GMAT: Yet to take (Let’s assume it is 720)
Choice of schools:
Can anyone help me decide which college is more apt given my background?
1. INSEAD: More fees
2. ISB: More diversity
3. IIM (A/B
)

Considering the economic scenario in Europe is bleak compared to India, I am not sure if European schools in general will be a good choice. Given my experience, I would prefer to study at INSEAD than at an Indian B school, but wouldn't want to take the risk if the job opportunities are considerably low.

I have been going back and forth in my mind deciding which school would be most apt; his thread seems quite helpful. Any help would be great!

Thank you
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile evaluation for INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 09:54
Nancy07 wrote:
I am considering a one year MBA program and am seeking your help on profile evaluation and on which colleges to apply to
Professional experience: I have ten years of experience in business research with leading management consulting firms; Although I started with generalist research profile, I have built expertise in manufacturing industry. Have worked in individual contributor role mostly, do not have the team leading experience; have worked with people from different geographies
Post MBA goal: To work in a product management role in an e-commerce firm although I am equally open to figuring out what I want to do post MBA
Extra curricular: Have been consistently involved with NGOs; led a massive voter awareness campaign
Personal style: I travel extensively and prefer interacting with people from different cultures
Choice of schools:
3. IIM (A/B
)

Considering the economic scenario in Europe is bleak compared to India, I am not sure if European schools in general will be a good choice. Given my experience, I would prefer to study at INSEAD than at an Indian B school, but wouldn't want to take the risk if the job opportunities are considerably low.

I have been going back and forth in my mind deciding which school would be most apt; his thread seems quite helpful. Any help would be great!

Thank you

Do you have any international experience at all? I am asking as INSEAD really values that a lot so if you don’t, you might struggle due to that.

It would also help to know a bit more about you, so if you feel that you are not comfortable sharing detailed information about your work experience etc. here on a public forum, feel free to contact ARINGO directly here: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/ for a free and non-binding consultation and evaluation. I am currently missing a lot of information that might make a difference one way or the other you see.

JL

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: Profile evaluation for INSEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2017, 07:38
Top Contributor
Nancy07 wrote:
Choice of schools:
3. IIM (A/B
)

Thank you

Hi Nancy

Thanks for posting. Here is what we feel.
- The business research experience can be very useful, especially because it will give you insight into many different markets and business functions. If you have done some custom research projects or worked on creating tools (apart from the syndicated part) that could be very useful as well. You should be sure to highlight this.
- The move to product management in e-commerce is tricky, frankly. With 10 years of experience in business research, you will need to really convince adcoms to take this up. Consulting roles are a closer fit, and business analysis roles with e-commerce may be possible, but given that neither your functional nor your sectoral focus has been aligned to this, it may be a bit challenging.
- ECA is good. If the voter awareness campaign was online you might want to focus more on the hands-on responsibilities at the NGO. If it was not, then that is fine as well. Mentioned it just in case.
- In terms of school selection, INSEAD may be a challenge in case international experience is missing. ISB and IIM (A/B/C) are all possible. If you do have international experience, then IMD (Switzerland) may also be considered. You should certainly be well placed in terms of post-MBA opportunities from these options. With INSEAD, you would of course have the option of studying in Singapore (and graduating from there) as well.
- We've been quite direct at some places here; the purpose is not to criticize at all. Feel free to ask further questions as needed.
- You might also like to go through this and this link.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Re: Profile evaluation for INSEAD   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2017, 07:38

Profile evaluation for INSEAD

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap