Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for ISB [#permalink]
S4G

Thanks Manan for evaluation,

I am thinking to drop political activities in application. Not sure of Adcoms reaction.

Yes, I do have plans for applying in five IIMs (A,B,C,I and L) but, i am looking for management consultant role as an output of MBA. Therefore, I have ISB as top priority. Not sure if my kind of profile (IT work exp guy) gets consultancy. I can always fall back to Finance/ IT management roles, but MBB is MBB.

Regards
Sagar Jaiswal
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
SagarJaiswal wrote:
Hi Veterans,
I am looking forward to join ISB. I haven't given GMAT but gmat mock1 has put me on 640. Q49/V30 as of Apr5,21. I am aware of my weak areas and believe I would max out around 690-710 considering that I am thinking about round 1. Please evaluate my profile and suggest.

10th -88.8% (merit certificate in maths from CBSE for being in top 0.1 percentile)
12th -79.8%
Grad-B.tech civil from NBA tier1 college, passed with ~76% percent distinction.

Age -28

Work exp- 6.5 years in TCS. With 2.5 of which is in South Africa at Banking Client location. Currently in RSA handling operations of 9 countries. Not as project leader or managerial role. Have done few projects single handedly. I look into both business and IT sides of banking. I am technically very sound in banking and IT both.

E.C- 1) Few in organisation performance awards. Special intiatives, star of month, contribution to org. awards etc.
2) Worked over 2 years post graduation in a couple of NGOs simultaneously, got myself in newspaper and stuff.
3) I am recognized by both Education evaluation and IT skills evaluating bodies in South Africa
4) Had been in news for political party awareness campaign in Delhi.
5)Have done in house (organisation funded) "Project management" certification.
6) Had created a fb group for helping new joinees of organization. The strength of group stands at 2000+ members.
7) Active on quora, get around 3000+ views each month.
8) Organizing mobile game events.
9) Have membership of American society of civil engineers.
10) Several other school/college days certificates which I consider obsolete keeping I mind it's been a while.

Hobbies.1) Playing mobile game namely Pokemon go,PUBG etc.
2) Swimming with fins and everything
3)All kinds of gunshooting don't carry experience in snipers.
4) Have finished two marathons.
5) Currently busy learning guitar.

Thanks,
Waiting for reviews.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi SagarJaiswal and thank you for sharing. Your academic experience looks solid, as does your work experience. You will definitely want to score close to 700 on the GMAT to enhance your candidacy.

As I am sure you have heard many times before, business schools want leaders. Though your job title many not directly reflect the leadership business schools are looking for, you can certainly emphasize these skillsets in your job description and/or through your extracurriculars.

You currently have quite a wide range of extracurricular activities. Truthfully, having such a long list of activities is not going to appeal to admissions committee members. Instead, choose which experiences have had allowed you to have a real impact and add value.

You will also want to have a clear sense of your MBA goals and start to prepare your personal story. Here, it can be helpful to think through the choices you have made in your life, what drove those choices and what makes you unique.

If you are looking for more specific guidance on how to increase your chances of getting into ISB, do not hesitate to take a look at our comprehensive services/send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Victaprep consulting
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
VictaPrep: Consulting
Schools: ISB '14 (A$)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi SagarJaiswal,

At the outset let me tell you that you have a competitive profile for Round 1 as you correctly mentioned.
Work ex: a bit on the higher side than what is preferred range, yet with the tinge of international stint, it is a positive and superb plus! Industry wise, its an evergreen industry, so while you dont get benefit of diversity, surely get benefit of saleability
Couple of things in extra currics – B-schools tend to see what you do well and see continuity..so if you have something that is consistent, that is what they look for. Also remember, it can be anything, but the knowhow, and aura should ooze out in your application. As against doing many, 2-3 strong ones and stories of impact really helps!
Remember that what your journey has been is important but where you want to reach is what the B-school is interested and how an MBA can help is what your story should say. I’d suggest you have lot of materials which helps you understand how to build your goal story. I have a few I can recommend – the ones which we at victaprep have crafted that I can surely help here:
https://www.victaprep.com/post/3-key-points-to-remember-when-you-structure-your-essay
https://www.victaprep.com/post/how-to-approach-the-isb-essay-for-class-of-2021

If you think you just want to chat up and get an understanding or maybe need some help with in depth profile eval, please feel free to reach out to us on info@victaprep.com

Regards
Mamata (Founding team, Victaprep consulting)
www.victaprep.com
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts