GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 06:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation For MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation For MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2018, 23:43
Hi,

I wanted to get my profile evaluated for ISB/Kelly/TAMU Mays.
It would very helpful if you can give some insights on my profile.

Name: Rahul Kumar Singh
Degree: B.Tech (SRM University)
Company: KPMG India

10th :71
12th:72.8
CGPA:8.9
GRE:313(Q160,V153)

My work ex would be exactly 4 years by the time I will apply to ISB.
I started working as a database developer in wipro and worked there for 2.5 year and currently I am working with KPMG for last 1 year as Associate Consultant.
In KPMG I am working as a Qlikview developer and manage all the activities of KPMG with the client.
I am the front face of KPMG at the client location having delivered more than 3 projects successfully in the span of 1 year.I have lead the team of 3 people for one of my projects in developing the dashboard for financial data control team of the client.

I have won two awards one in wipro for the automation work I did to streamline the process and one in KPMG.

I was a part of two r&d projects in my college and also organised many events in the college.

Completed one course from Coursera for Strategic Management from IIM B and also planning to complete the Operations Management course from IIMB.

What I learned from Wipro?
I learned the technical bend needed to cater to a business problem.

What I am learning from KPMG?
Apart from the technical knowledge I am also developing an understanding of the business of my client which is needed for providing them the accurate technical guidance.

I want to get into consulting again after my MBA thus I am planning to hone my business skill to cater to the clients need in a much better way.

Please let me know if any more information is needed for evaluating the profile above.

Regards,
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation For MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2018, 10:10
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The admissions process is holistic, so thank you for providing your stats and some of your accomplishments too. I think your technical background, plus the client facing exposure you are gaining right now, are a nice combination. Definitely highlight the project management, client relationship management, and any presentations with the client, especially if they have involved client executives. Having a Big Four brand on your resume is a nice plus too.

I think there are two challenges that you should be focusing on: 1) Your GRE score, especially your verbal score, is on the low end. I would retake if possible, especially for the US schools where they want to see strong verbal scores from international applicants. Also perhaps add a Business Communications or Speaking course to your plans. 2) Do you have leadership / activities outside of work that are current? If not, that could be a weakness. You can list college activities but schools prefer to see that you are involved in activities or giving back currently too.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Kate

Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to get my profile evaluated for ISB/Kelly/TAMU Mays.
It would very helpful if you can give some insights on my profile.

Name: Rahul Kumar Singh
Degree: B.Tech (SRM University)
Company: KPMG India

10th :71
12th:72.8
CGPA:8.9
GRE:313(Q160,V153)

My work ex would be exactly 4 years by the time I will apply to ISB.
I started working as a database developer in wipro and worked there for 2.5 year and currently I am working with KPMG for last 1 year as Associate Consultant.
In KPMG I am working as a Qlikview developer and manage all the activities of KPMG with the client.
I am the front face of KPMG at the client location having delivered more than 3 projects successfully in the span of 1 year.I have lead the team of 3 people for one of my projects in developing the dashboard for financial data control team of the client.

I have won two awards one in wipro for the automation work I did to streamline the process and one in KPMG.

I was a part of two r&d projects in my college and also organised many events in the college.

Completed one course from Coursera for Strategic Management from IIM B and also planning to complete the Operations Management course from IIMB.

What I learned from Wipro?
I learned the technical bend needed to cater to a business problem.

What I am learning from KPMG?
Apart from the technical knowledge I am also developing an understanding of the business of my client which is needed for providing them the accurate technical guidance.

I want to get into consulting again after my MBA thus I am planning to hone my business skill to cater to the clients need in a much better way.

Please let me know if any more information is needed for evaluating the profile above.

Regards,

Kate Richardson
mbaMission Senior Consultant and Chicago Booth Alum
http://www.mbamission.com
Read our school insider's guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 01:46
Hi,

I have been associated with the CSR activities taken by up by KPMG.
At client location I have demonstrated the benefits and the usage of the application developed by my team to all the Director level employees.
I have also trained people(More than 80 people) in the client on how to use the applications developed by KPMG.

As suggested by you I will doing the Business communication course before applying to the universities.

Target schools: Mays Business School/ISB

Regards,
Rahul
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 08:45
Hi again Rahul,

Thanks for the extra info. That's great you've trained others and worked with Director level at the client. The CSR activities will be good to include on your resume too. Even better if you can take on a leadership role within those activities! (If you're still looking for ways to improve your profile).

Thanks,
Kate

Rks19101991 wrote:
Hi,

I have been associated with the CSR activities taken by up by KPMG.
At client location I have demonstrated the benefits and the usage of the application developed by my team to all the Director level employees.
I have also trained people(More than 80 people) in the client on how to use the applications developed by KPMG.

As suggested by you I will doing the Business communication course before applying to the universities.

Target schools: Mays Business School/ISB

Regards,
Rahul

Kate Richardson
mbaMission Senior Consultant and Chicago Booth Alum
http://www.mbamission.com
Read our school insider's guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Profile Evaluation For MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap