Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: AGSM '20
GPA: 3.72
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: AGSM '20
GPA: 3.72
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for MBA and MEM (Masters in Engineering Management) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
globalperspectives wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
globalperspectives wrote:
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Hey dude,
Well I like your profile! You have a lot of leadership, and a ton of international experience. But more importantly, I think is that you get the point - the way you focus in your post on leadership and teamwork much more so than the technical achievements you have accomplished lets me know that you are definitely in the right direction!

Actually almost everything I can see in your profile is pretty awesome - you work for a good firm, with good experience, great grades, a non IT job... almost everything.. because there is that pesky GRE test score.

So I do see your profile very positively and I think you can too, buuuuut I think you should ALSO consider retaking your test. I mean, you are in an interesting position in that all the rest is pretty great... and now if you can get at least say a 680 on your GMAT (or the GRE equivalent) I mean your profile will ROCK!

Sooooo???
What do you think?
Or is it so much more important that you apply now?

Lemme know, and let's think this over together!
Best,
JF

Hey JF,
Thanks for your reply.

Actually, it is important that I get admissions now for "a" reason far too personal to discuss on the interweb. No offense.

Hence the reasons why I am applying to schools outside of USA for MBA (except for Boston University for a Dual Degree) and targeting MEM schools within the states.

Back up: If I do my MEM program now, I will do my EMBA 5-8 years later.

While ranking do not make any sense to me, Teaching methods, post graduation alumni networking, contribution towards real time projects for organizations and brand name carries a significant weightage in my evaluation (in that order).

P.S. I am planning to attempt my GMAT (First attempt) in Jan'15 or Feb'15 because post MBA, most consulting firms look for GMAT scores for evaluation.

P.P.S. Now that you have gotten me curious (trying my best to resist too), I get a score of 700 or even 700+, which schools am I looking at?

Well if you have good personal reasons I guess that trumps all else :). So then, go for it as you can! You also have a lot of other options both in the US and Europe, but around the same area of ranking...

To answer your hypothetical question, if you were to get a 720+, this would open up the possibility of applying to schools in the 5-20 range for an MBA.... which is pretty darn good!
:)

Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts