It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 07:57

STARTING SOON:

Live Chat with Cornell Adcoms in Main Chat Room  |  R1 Interview Invites: MIT Sloan Chat  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  |  Duke Fuqua Chat (EA Decisions)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for MiM

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Profile Evaluation for MiM [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 02:09
Hi

I am currently pursuing a dual degree in BE manufacturing and MSc Biology at BITS Pilani, India. I plan to apply for MiM in Europe. I'm looking for low tuition courses mostly. So my target schools include Vlerick Business School (Belgium), Antwerp Management School (Belgium), Kozminski University(Poland) and Maastricht University (Netherlands). I'm not targeting any of the top schools as their fees is considerably higher. Do you think I'm making a mistake here? I plan to work in Europe for 3-4 years after the degree and eventually work in India. So is it a wise choice to target local top schools?

It'd really help if you could evaluate my profile. I am yet to take GMAT but I am confident about scoring my target.

So, here's my profile.

GMAT ~ 700-720
CGPA at the time of application ~ 6.1-6.2/10
Experience working at a startup for about 8 months.
A learning internship in Marketing Management.
A content writing internship for 2 months.
I'll be doing one more internship before applying.
Beginning German course with a Satisfactory Grade (Out of satisfactory and unsatisfactory)
Courses in Finance like Fundamentals of Financial Accounting; Derivatives and Risk Management; Securities and Portfolio Management.

If it matters -
10th Std- 10 CGPA
12th Std- 90%

What are my chances? I know my academics are lacking. Anything constructive towards a better profile? Also what are my chances if I apply to ESCP or Esade?

Also, do I need to take IELTS if my college gives me a transcript stating that all courses were conducted in English? The college admissions do accept the transcript and hence no need for IELTS. But I read in some forums that IELTS is still required for VISA. Any leads would be really helpful!

Thanks!

I'd really appreciate your help

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 02:16
Hey Yash,

So overall you have a fairly impressive profile. Here are a few pointers about the same -

You come from a nationally renowned university, so that will add on to your application.
A GMAT score of 700-720 fits well within the median GMAT scores of many top colleges.
You have a comparatively low CGPA ; but you can compensate for it by highlighting your other profile strengths. Essay are a great way for doing this, so make sure that you spend enough time perfecting them. Your GMAT will also help with the same.

As far as your work experience is concerned, your internship and start-up experience are valuable assets to your application.
However, the adcoms are interested in impact rather than just participation.
So make sure that you exemplify your learnings and your interest in marketing through your Work experience.
You can even check out a few MOOCs pertaining to your career interests, as they will show-case Self-initiative.

Also your SSC and HSC score do not hold much relevance outside India, so you can skip them.

As you have done your education in India, your transcripts would be proof of your English language proficiency, so you do not need to take IELTS.
Some schools such as LSE, do require an IELTS though.

As far as your target schools are concerned, none of them are well renowned, and are in relatively small countries, hence they would give you limited carreer growth opportunities.
With your profile, you have a fair shot at some of the top B-Schools like ESCP, RSM, LBS, EDHEC and ESSEC.
If financial aid is a concern for you, with a good application and score, you will have a fair shot at a scholarship.

Plus apprentisage is also a good option in French schools, to support yourself.

So i would suggest a careful revaluation of schools, as well as an analysis of what exactly you are looking to do in the short term.

In you want a more detailed evaluation of your chances at any of your target MiM programs, take our FREE PROFILE EVALUATION here : http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

In case you need help in any aspect of your application, you can check out our MiM-All-In-One service here: http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

CAT Tests
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 03:37
Hey Abhyank

Thanks for replying.

I have been thinking about my target schools a lot. Financial aid is an important aspect for me. But I get your point of applying at top schools. So I think I'll now target IE, ESSEC, ESCP and LBS, with Vlerick as a safe option. But LBS doesn't give many scholarships. And also you didn't mention HEC. So do I not stand a chance for HEC? With a better GMAT score?

Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM   [#permalink] 13 Aug 2017, 03:37

Profile Evaluation for MiM

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap