GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Jun 2018, 04:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for MIM (HEC/ LBS)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation for MIM (HEC/ LBS) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2017, 09:50
Hi,
I have a computer science background from Pune University in India and will be applying for the MIM programs in LBS/HEC next year. Please help me evaluate my profile.
Here are my credentials:

1) GPA: Around 3.5/3.6
GMAT: Will take in Sep'17

2) INTERNSHIPS:

a) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Fortune 500):
Helped in enhancing office work flow by developing a common employee portal based on the needs of the various departments.

b) IDBI Capital (investment banking: my target industry)
Worked directly with the Vice President and associates in evaluating potential deals and carrying out Information Memorandum review. Also prepared investment committee material and made cold calls to CFOs of potential investing companies.

b) ESDS solutions (Cloud computing MNC)
Helped in crystallizing effective marketing and advertisement strategies by developing a web crawler tailor-made for the cloud-oriented services of the company.

2) Volunteered for an NGO for over an year.
The work was focused on educating underprivileged girls in the backward region where the organisation is located.

3) Published 2 international(IEEE) and 1 national papers in my desired field (finance).

4) Volunteer for Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad (Indian Student Parliament), an annual conference for helping university students navigate the political landscape of the country.
5) Clubs in college: Google Developers Group, Computer Society of India.
6) Interests: Reading, Blogging, Playing football.

Also, please help me determine a safe GMAT score for my profile.

Thank You!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Profile Evaluation for MIM (HEC/ LBS) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 06:47
i wrote:
Hi,
I have a computer science background from Pune University in India and will be applying for the MIM programs in LBS/HEC next year. Please help me evaluate my profile.
Here are my credentials:

1) GPA: Around 3.5/3.6
GMAT: Will take in Sep'17

2) INTERNSHIPS:

a) Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Fortune 500):
Helped in enhancing office work flow by developing a common employee portal based on the needs of the various departments.

b) IDBI Capital (investment banking: my target industry)
Worked directly with the Vice President and associates in evaluating potential deals and carrying out Information Memorandum review. Also prepared investment committee material and made cold calls to CFOs of potential investing companies.

b) ESDS solutions (Cloud computing MNC)
Helped in crystallizing effective marketing and advertisement strategies by developing a web crawler tailor-made for the cloud-oriented services of the company.

2) Volunteered for an NGO for over an year.
The work was focused on educating underprivileged girls in the backward region where the organisation is located.

3) Published 2 international(IEEE) and 1 national papers in my desired field (finance).

4) Volunteer for Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad (Indian Student Parliament), an annual conference for helping university students navigate the political landscape of the country.
5) Clubs in college: Google Developers Group, Computer Society of India.
6) Interests: Reading, Blogging, Playing football.

Also, please help me determine a safe GMAT score for my profile.

Thank You!

Hey dude,
Well the answer is in a certain way very easy- get the highest score you can. :) A 720+ is always helpful.
Keep in mind two things:
1. The GMAT is very heavily weighted in MiM programs since most applicants are coming in with little to no work experience
2. As an Indian candidate, you are always up against tough odds, so the higher the GMAT score, the better.

Keep that in mind as you move forward, and best of luck!!!

Cheers,
Jon Frank

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Profile Evaluation for MIM (HEC/ LBS) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 09:27
Hi,
Thank you so much for the reply! Can you please also evaluate the rest of my profile. I would like to add some more highlights to the above:
1) Actively involved with CMCA, a youth civic activity organisation based in Mumbai, India for an year. I helped organize many campaigns such as awareness against pollution and Juhu Beach( very popular in India) cleanup drives.
2) School Activities: Won track racing, dodge ball and public speaking competitions.
3) AMCAT (A national level employability test) score: 99.6 percentile
4) National Maths Olympiad : All India Rank 816 (Don't know if its that great though).

Thanks in advance :)
Expert Post
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation for MIM (HEC/ LBS) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2017, 19:10
i wrote:
Hi,
Thank you so much for the reply! Can you please also evaluate the rest of my profile. I would like to add some more highlights to the above:
1) Actively involved with CMCA, a youth civic activity organisation based in Mumbai, India for an year. I helped organize many campaigns such as awareness against pollution and Juhu Beach( very popular in India) cleanup drives.
2) School Activities: Won track racing, dodge ball and public speaking competitions.
3) AMCAT (A national level employability test) score: 99.6 percentile
4) National Maths Olympiad : All India Rank 816 (Don't know if its that great though).

Thanks in advance :)

To be honest none of it makes a big difference. The volunteer work is good and noteworthy, but most good applicants will have something similar. The other things are not really relevant.

Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Profile Evaluation for MIM (HEC/ LBS)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap