GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 10:05

Stanford R1 Interview Decisions:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.

Profile Evaluation for MiM in Europe

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation for MiM in Europe  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2018, 21:55
Hello Everyone,
I've been harboring thoughts about pursuing MSc in Management from European Schools for some time now.
I'm an Indian aspirant and like most of the others, I'm also preparing for the CAT & XAT. However this being my second attempt at these exams and due to the unpredictability of the admission process I'm looking at other options as well, mainly since I do not want to continue in my current employment and the industry (IT).
My Profile as as below :
Class 10 : 10 CGPA ( Maps to 95% according to CBSE)
Class 12 : 95.8 %
B.Tech ECE NIT Tiruchirappalli (Ranked 11th in Engineering Colleges ranking in India in 2018 - NIRF) : CGPA 8.05/10
Currently Employed at : Capgemini India since August 2017 .

So I have about 14 months of Full time work experience in an IT/Analytics Role.(However of those 14 months, 3 were for official training and another 3 were for a full time project where I was billable for the company; There haven't been enough opportunities in the technology that I am trained in and even while I have been proposed for 2 projects, they haven't taken off or seem to have been dropped, which is kind of frustrating).

GMAT Score : I haven't written the GMAT as of now (18th Oct 2018). I plan to write it in December so as to apply by the Round 2 deadlines. As of now in the GMAT Mocks I have given, I've scored a maximum of 650, which I believe I can improve to 700+ once I concentrate on GMAT fully.

And with that my target schools : LBS, LSE, EDHEC, HEC, ESSEC, WHU, RMS, EMLyon

Co-curriculars : I have held leadership positions in school where I was the School Head Boy ( Student Body President). In college I was member of 2 committees ( College Techno-Mgmt Fest & Department Symposium) and worked in those for 1 year. (before deciding to concentrate on Academics more and get into Core Engineering, a direction which got altered somewhere in my Final Year wherein I saw how having an MBA is better, and not in terms of the Financial aspect solely ;) )

Workwise : I have been appreciated for my deliverables in the project and could get a good testimonial there.

Other Achievements : 1. I worked on an interesting field in my Engineering Project for which I was awarded the top grade possible (top 10% for that). (Otherwise all my Core Engineering Grades are average. I have also scored good grades in Management related electives which we are allowed to take in our Final Year).

I think that is pretty much my profile.

Based on all this, I would be grateful, if you could rate my chances and also since I haven't given GMAT yet, provide target scores that I should strive towards to improve my chances.

Thanks in advance
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM in Europe  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 05:59
Hey Akhil,

Well to start off you have done your undergrad from a good school that helps, 8.5 is also a decent score. But your 10th and 12th score won’t really matter

You have a wide array of extracurricular activities and they can be used as strength in your application. The positions held by you in the college can be used to highlight your leadership skills.

Capgemni is a good brand but you really need to showcase what kind of work you have done, what have been your learnings, and how is it different from normal IT consulting.

Regarding GMAT and your targeted schools, I would say, for HEC you would need 710+. For LBS and LSE you need to target 680+. Others can be possible with 670+.

As WHU requires a business UG you won’t be eligible for the same.

Lastly I would say that please remember there are a lot of engineers with similar profiles. So, as the degree is getting popular you really need to understand what makes you different and how you can add value via the same.

You can check out our profile evaluation to see how we can help you better -

https://mim-essay.typeform.com/to/tSey1j

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation for MiM in Europe &nbs [#permalink] 23 Oct 2018, 05:59

Profile Evaluation for MiM in Europe

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap