GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2019, 05:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PROFILE EVALUATION FOR MS FINANCE

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
PROFILE EVALUATION FOR MS FINANCE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 03:18
Hi
I took the GMAT yesterday and scored a 660 (Q45 V36)
This was my second attempt and I don't think I can take the exam again. I'm hoping to apply in round 2 and following are my details:

Nationality: Indian/ Female

10th 86%
12th 94%
I have good extra curriculars:
I was active in sports and was the team captain of my School's Handball team for 2 years and we won gold medals under my captaincy.
I was active in school plays as well. other EC include: Debating, anchoring)
Undergrad (2017): Bachelors in Business Economics from University of Delhi (74% (3.3 GPA))
I was one of the founding members of the Business Economics Association of my college and we organized fests and events)
As a part of my the curriculum of my three year undergrad, I wrote 3 research papers on Finance and Economics.
I was also among the 10 students (selected from around 200) who were assigned an Innovation Project by the University.
It was a year long project including research using primary data collected.

After graduation, I worked with KPMG as a Risk Analyst for 9 Months.

I am currently pursuing a Post graduate diploma course in Financial Management. Its a one year course and will end in July,2019.

I want to go for a Masters Degree in Finance.
I know I won't get into any of the ivy league because of low GMAT but I think I still have a decent score for at least top 50.
My first preference for Masters would be USA and Canada
but its flexible depending on the ROI.
My only major concern is Job prospects upon completion of the course.
keeping that in mind, I request you to guide me in selecting suitable universities where I can apply.
looking forward to your reply.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION FOR MS FINANCE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 10:26
Hi iidivs! Apologies for delay - it's a heavy deadline week and holiday time right now combined, so it's a little harder to keep up with the boards.

I am afraid that I'm not a major expert on the rankings etc. with Masters in Finance degrees...we specialize more on the MBA side...but we do occasionally help people with their applications to those programs. As with anything, I think the "right" school will depend on a number of factors. I'd first consider where you want to work geographically, what part of finance interests you, what the recruiting is like there for M Fin candidates in your preferred area of finance (including for international students if your visa could be an issue), and then look at the rankings and placement rates of top programs and their average GMATs to start building your list. You'll want to build a range of schools on your list that includes reaches, targets and safeties. The GMAT and admit rates are your best bet as to which programs might be more safety vs. risk.

Hope that helps! Best of luck!

Julie-Anne Heafey
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

PROFILE EVALUATION FOR MS FINANCE

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate