It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 07:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 05:57
hi
please find my profile below and kindly help me to suggest some European universities for the same.

Gmat: 660
MBA: 5.8 out of 8
B-tech: 7.08 out of 10
Work experience: 5 years in Channel sales with reputed companies.
Nationality: Indian
My Expectation: 100 % Tuition waiver

Thnx

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 09:49
any one pls update....it would be grt help.
thnx

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
S
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 5521

Kudos [?]: 930 [0], given: 48

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 05:41
gupta87 wrote:
hi
please find my profile below and kindly help me to suggest some European universities for the same.

Gmat: 660
MBA: 5.8 out of 8
B-tech: 7.08 out of 10
Work experience: 5 years in Channel sales with reputed companies.
Nationality: Indian
My Expectation: 100 % Tuition waiver

Thnx


Hey there,
I’d love to help you out but without more info it’s gonna be hard. Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service or extra curriculars? Which school did you graduate from?

All of these will play important roles in your evaluation.
Best,
Jon

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 930 [0], given: 48

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 21:16
JonAdmissionado wrote:
gupta87 wrote:
hi
please find my profile below and kindly help me to suggest some European universities for the same.

Gmat: 660
MBA: 5.8 out of 8
B-tech: 7.08 out of 10
Work experience: 5 years in Channel sales with reputed companies.
Nationality: Indian
My Expectation: 100 % Tuition waiver

Thnx


Hey there,
I’d love to help you out but without more info it’s gonna be hard. Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service or extra curriculars? Which school did you graduate from?

All of these will play important roles in your evaluation.
Best,
Jon

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC


hi Jon
1. i worked with some of the top MNCs based out of india.
2. it took me 4.5 years to become assistant manager from executive.
3. partially i am in leadership roll where off roll employees (count 3) are reporting to me.
4. all my achievements are related to the field of my job (like best employee in the zone)
5. Honestly i Do NOT have any experience in community service, and nothing worth mentioning about extra curricular
6. i graduated from Indian universities which does not come under top 100.
i am looking for universities preferably European universities for phd and expectation is 100 % scholarship.
thnx

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
S
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 5521

Kudos [?]: 930 [0], given: 48

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2017, 09:57
Hey there!
Sorry for my delay in answering you here. I was around for business. But now I'm back in action!

I think first and foremost that in order to make a good application for PhD programs you should readjust your expectation of getting a full tuition waiver. As you can imagine, given the cost of that for the schools only very few full tuition waivers are given out per school, and usually they go to the candidates with the strongest GMAT, GPA, school, work experience, and with very unique stories. On the other hand, this might be possible in local programs on continental Europe where tuition is free, but for that you will need to speak the language.

Instead I would suggest considering finding a way as many people do to finance your B-school education in another manner.

As far as schools go, there are many out there, and it depends a bit on your field and target country. The top schools will be out of range for you, as you lack the GMAT and school background, but there are many other excellent programs that can get you to your goals.

The place to start looking is schools where the average GMAT of the class is around your average GMAT (up to 40 points lower).

This is the place to start,
Best,
Jon
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 930 [0], given: 48

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2017, 09:53
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hey there!
Sorry for my delay in answering you here. I was around for business. But now I'm back in action!

I think first and foremost that in order to make a good application for PhD programs you should readjust your expectation of getting a full tuition waiver. As you can imagine, given the cost of that for the schools only very few full tuition waivers are given out per school, and usually they go to the candidates with the strongest GMAT, GPA, school, work experience, and with very unique stories. On the other hand, this might be possible in local programs on continental Europe where tuition is free, but for that you will need to speak the language.

Instead I would suggest considering finding a way as many people do to finance your B-school education in another manner.

As far as schools go, there are many out there, and it depends a bit on your field and target country. The top schools will be out of range for you, as you lack the GMAT and school background, but there are many other excellent programs that can get you to your goals.

The place to start looking is schools where the average GMAT of the class is around your average GMAT (up to 40 points lower).

This is the place to start,
Best,
Jon




hi
Thnx for ur kind response. but could you please suggest some university names to start with

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
S
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 5521

Kudos [?]: 930 [0], given: 48

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2017, 00:51
gupta87 wrote:
hi
please find my profile below and kindly help me to suggest some European universities for the same.

Gmat: 660
MBA: 5.8 out of 8
B-tech: 7.08 out of 10
Work experience: 5 years in Channel sales with reputed companies.
Nationality: Indian
My Expectation: 100 % Tuition waiver

Thnx


Hey dude,
It's pretty much the same as above. I don't thin you can expect a tuition waiver from anywhere. There are plenty of schools which you can aim for that are outside the top 10 or so, in Spain, France, Germany, etc. And it's a good idea to think where you want to live too.
Best,
Jon
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 930 [0], given: 48

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile evaluation for Ph.D kruger1389 1 28 May 2017, 22:59
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation Please - PhD - Marketing Squib17 1 18 Aug 2016, 22:44
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation PhD? lin11 1 18 Aug 2016, 22:40
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile for Marketing PhD BrazilianPhD 7 21 Mar 2017, 23:17
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation Request : PhD Marketing (3Yrs WE, Hold Masters) jegan2388 5 21 Oct 2014, 07:42
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Profile Evaluation for PHD in Marketing

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.