Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for top MiM programs - GyanOne Admission Consultant [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
BhumitSharma wrote:
Hi,some brief details about my profile would be as follows
Gmat 660 (q47, v35, ir 5 and awa5.0)
IELTS score 8.0
Bachelor's commerce in financial markets from Mumbai University (KJ somaiya college), class of '17.
Used to work part time in my fathers manufacturing unit during college and been working there full time since I graduated.
Been quite active outside School as well. Work as a camp in charge for a camping company. Have done over 50 treks, completed the bronze level of duke of Edinburgh award and was briefly a part of rotary and have done multiple short certificate courses related to the financial markets, both online and offline. I am also trained in technical analysis of stocks.
I'm more inclined towards going to the US but am also open to other places. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi

Excellent profile, though the GMAT is slightly low. In the US, you can look at Duke MMS and Ross MiM (lower chance), while in Europe, you can consider ESCP (good chances) and ESSEC.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for top MiM programs - GyanOne Admission Consultant [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
enviousfox wrote:
Hello

I have decided to go for MIM

My info

BBA - 6.3/10
CMA and CFA - LEVEL 2 COMPLETED NEXT YEAR LEVEL 3

ROCK SCHOOL GRADE LEVEL 8 AND TRAINED IN MUAY THAI

DISTRICT LEVEL CHESS AND CRICKET

Ielts score - 8
GMAT - 680

Apologies for the delayed response. In case you still have questions, please feel free to post them and we will respond.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
My target schools for MIM are St Gallen, Hec, ESSEC , ESCP, etc...
I am pursuing Bachelor of Commerce from Hindu College( one of the best colleges in the country). Cgpa is 8/10 ( will improve in my next semester.

Certifications- Cleared FRM( Financial risk Manager level1)
Will attempt CFA level 1 in December. Knowledge of German till A2.

Experience- Done a 4 month finance internship based on technical analysis( options, futures amd strategies)
Planning to do another two month internship in june/july.

GMAT- preparation in full flow. Will take the attempt in july. Targetting 720+

Extracurriculars- Founder/Manager of Traders for tomorrow club in college, conducted debates on trending topics- Bitcoin bubble, US-CHINA trade wars, organised cultural events.

Working on my social impact towards the society..

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Yash9694 wrote:
I am pursuing Bachelor of Commerce from Hindu College( one of the best colleges in the country). Cgpa is 8/10 ( will improve in my next semester.

Experience- Done a 4 month finance internship based on technical analysis( options, futures amd strategies)

Extracurriculars- Founder/Manager of Traders for tomorrow club in college, conducted debates on trending topics- Bitcoin bubble, US-CHINA trade wars, organised cultural events.

Hi Yash9694

- Your academic and professional background is quite good. The FRM and CFA help, though you should try and do L2 to get significantly more credit. ECA is quite solid too.
- Social impact activities should be done basis your own convictions and beliefs. They don't matter too much for top MiM programs (ECA activities do though, and as noted, you are quite good on that part already).
- Just curious - you have HEC on your list, but not LBS. Is it due to the shorter duration of the LBS program? St. Gallen is good, but you would need B2 level German for your knowledge to impact your chances of a German-speaking job at the school.
- If you can go over 700, you would have a shot at HEC and St Gallen. Below that, ESSEC and ESCP are possible.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
Yash9694 wrote:

Hi Yash9694

- Your academic and professional background is quite good. The FRM and CFA help, though you should try and do L2 to get significantly more credit. ECA is quite solid too.
- Social impact activities should be done basis your own convictions and beliefs. They don't matter too much for top MiM programs (ECA activities do though, and as noted, you are quite good on that part already).
- Just curious - you have HEC on your list, but not LBS. Is it due to the shorter duration of the LBS program? St. Gallen is good, but you would need B2 level German for your knowledge to impact your chances of a German-speaking job at the school.
- If you can go over 700, you would have a shot at HEC and St Gallen. Below that, ESSEC and ESCP are possible.

Thanks for your insight.
Actually, due to the current Brexit issues, I am hesitant to think about UK. And about St gallen, I have done German till A2. Which college should I target according to this?? And, if I apply to HEC, then it will be necessary for me to learn French.
And if it comes down to it, which is better HEC or St Gallen??
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Yash9694 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
Yash9694 wrote:

Hi Yash9694

Thanks for your insight.
Actually, due to the current Brexit issues, I am hesitant to think about UK. And about St gallen, I have done German till A2. Which college should I target according to this?? And, if I apply to HEC, then it will be necessary for me to learn French.
And if it comes down to it, which is better HEC or St Gallen??

Hi Yash

There is no pre-requisite for you to learn French if you go to HEC; plenty of people find English-speaking roles after HEC. If you do know French, it can be an asset. However, now that you are learning German, stick with it than switch. For international students, HEC has proven to be slightly better to get jobs at - in any case, if you get 700+, HEC should certainly be on your list. You can also look at other French schools such as ESSEC and ESCP, and consider German schools too.

As of now, focus on your GMAT, and getting as high a score as possible.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
[Responding to a PM]

Hi nishantbhatt
- Your overall academics and profile are pretty strong, with multiple awards. Professional experience (internships) also look decent.
- With a 680, you could look at schools such as ESSEC, ESCP, ESADE, and IE. If you can raise your score by another 30-40 points, HEC and LBS become possibilities as well. Also consider the IESE YTP. INSEAD has also launched an MiM program this year, but the averages there are expected to be high.
- For the YLP, are you already in stage 2?
- Target fall applications this year and you should be in good stead.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GRE 1: Q150 V150
Send PM
Hi,

Thank You for your evaluation.
What would be the schools that are known for Entrepreneurship and Marketing ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Profile Evaluation for top MiM programs - GyanOne Admission Consultant [#permalink]
Hello profile evaluation for top 15 mim

I am indian citizen.

EDUCATIONAL DETAILS
Bachelor in finance from mumbai university cgpa8.

Fmva certification

Gmat: 710

German and english

Working in Infosys

Aiesec volunteer

Originally posted by Rahul9324 on 09 Aug 2019, 02:07.
Last edited by Rahul9324 on 10 Aug 2019, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

Profile evaluation for top 15 mim bschools of ft ranking.

EDUCATIONAL DETAILS
Bachelor of management studies major in finance from mumbai University (cgpa 8 after conversion it was 67%).
HSC from State board with 74%.
SSC from State board with 77%.
Frm exam 1
Corporate finance from columbia business school through edx.
Gmat: 720.

TECHNICAL SKILLS
Operating Systems : Windows.
Programming Languages : C, C#.
Ms-office

AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
2nd prize in intercolligiate ad-mad competition for the topic : mutual fund.
Participate in intercolligiate case study competition.
Team member of kabadi sports.
Volunteering in national service scheme.
Volunteer of local ngo.
Various certifications related to maths in school days.

Language
English
German A2 level

Got offer letter from tata consultancy services

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Rahul9324 wrote:
Hello profile evaluation for top 15 mim

I am indian citizen.

EDUCATIONAL DETAILS
Bachelor in finance from mumbai university cgpa8.

Fmva certification

Gmat: 710

German and english

Working in Infosys

Aiesec volunteer

Hi Rahul9324

Please provide more details on your profile (ECA, years of work ex, proficiency in German, internships, other achievements).
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
3008 wrote:
Hello,

Profile evaluation for top 15 mim bschools of ft ranking.

EDUCATIONAL DETAILS
Bachelor of management studies major in finance from mumbai University (cgpa 8 after conversion it was 67%).
HSC from State board with 74%.
SSC from State board with 77%.
Frm exam 1
Corporate finance from columbia business school through edx.
Gmat: 720.

TECHNICAL SKILLS
Operating Systems : Windows.
Programming Languages : C, C#.
Ms-office

AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
2nd prize in intercolligiate ad-mad competition for the topic : mutual fund.
Participate in intercolligiate case study competition.
Team member of kabadi sports.
Volunteering in national service scheme.
Volunteer of local ngo.
Various certifications related to maths in school days.

Language
English
German A2 level

Got offer letter from tata consultancy services

Hi 3008

Overall, looks good. Any internships to report? When do you begin with TCS?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
nishantbhatt wrote:
Hi,

Thank You for your evaluation.
What would be the schools that are known for Entrepreneurship and Marketing ?

Hi

ESCP and ESADE offer MSc programs in Entrepreneurship, so look at those (they are equivalent to an MiM). IE and ESSEC are good bets too, with plenty of marketing and entrepreneurship resources in their program curriculum.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I started working in tata consultancy services from past 3 weeks. What are my chances in escp europe?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to apply to a CEMS school, I was planning to meet the early admission deadline only for Universities that have low tuition or a low confirmation fee. Since my objective is to enter the US job market I would also like to apply to some US business school (any help in the selection is more than welcomed). Do you think that I have a shot to get in the best CEMS schools (LSE HEC etc.) with my profile? I am applying also directly to Cornell in the first admission round since I met with their admission director twice (once in Rome and one in New York) and she showed interest in my Bachelor's background.

Bachelor background: Mostly engineering international relation and science but I do reach the 60 cfu of Business Administration related courses
GPA: Italian 28.5/30 --> 3.8/4 from top 15 Italian university
GMAT: I do not have an official score yet, I am scoring 700 in the mock tests but I think I will get 680-ish ( I am terrible at standardised tests)
Academic extras: Soft skills and cultural management seminars (20 hours each) 1 semester abroad during my bachelor, high school finished abroad (2-years alone abroad). I am writing a thesis on Sustainability & Business.

Professional experience: I worked two years in the family business with duties of relation with suppliers and accounting. I opened a non-profit organisation regarding social entrepreneurship. I worked 1 month at KPMG (the time was fixed but I am afraid they will think I was fired although in my contract the 1-month time is clearly stated) with duties of public audit.

Recommendation Letter: My course coordinator and the KPMG partner I worked for when the professional reference is accepted

Languages: Italian and Spanish at mother tongue level (certified) and English (IELTS 8.0)

Thank you all in advance
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi

Nationality : Indian

Bachelor of Commerce, Madras University (First Class with Distinction) - 7.63 CGPA,CFA Level 1 - (Top 10 Percentile)

Work Experience: 1.5 years experience, Analyst in Risk Advisory Services (Management Consulting) with EY

Test Scores with breakup - Taking the GMAT in December, expecting 710+ (If mocks are any indication)

Interested in: MiM, MS Finance

Geography / Class Start Year preference: Europe (HEC, ESSADE, ESSEC, IE)
Profile:

16 months experience - Management Consultancy in a Big 4, reviewing existing Risk Framework, potential revenue leakages and revenue losses, improving process maturity and testing control and design gaps for existing processes.
Commendations in the form of Awards and Badges for exceptional client service, personal leadership and continued professional education
Worked across engagements spanning multiple sectors including Automotive, Educational, Healthcare, Industrial Goods, FMCG.
4 Summer Internships during my time in college - Symrise AG (Global Fragrance Company) - HR , Halbe Innovations (A Startup Consultancy for Startups) - Legal & Finance , Market Research
Worked as an Engagement Specialist and Content Creator for 8 months in a professional capacity for an Infotainment Startup that provides knowledge based solutions to Schools, Pubs and Companies in the form of quizzing.
Meritorious performance in Senior Secondary and Higher Secondary Examinations (CBSE)
95.6% in Class XII, CGPA 9.4 in Class X
Awarded for all round proficiency for my performance in the Board Examinations
Received an Award of Excellence from the Commerce Teachers Association
Captain of Quiz Team at College and School Level
Podium finishes in 100+ Inter College and Inter School quiz Competitions
Director of Programs and Public Relations Head of Bourgeon, (Student Association in College)
Responsible for department activities, raising funds and execution of all year round events for students in the Commerce Department.
Master of Ceremonies for all events conducted by Department of Commerce, Risk Townhall conducted by EY in the presence of 200+ employees and service line leaders.
Proficiency in Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx and MS Office

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: LBS MiM "22
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.45
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi GyanOne,

Thank you so much for offering help. I am thinking of applying to do my MiM or MBA if I don't like the role I will be working at in the next year (Technology consultant with EY, specifically in SAP - I start next year).

I am a 23 year old USA/French Citizen male.

Academic Background:

My father is American, mother is French; I studied Electrical Engineering and a minor in Computer Science at a target school in Canada, GPA is a 3.45/4.00. However, my past 2 year GPA is a 3.70/4.00. (I've done significantly better in the latter half of University). I speak French and English fluently, and have been fortunate enough to travel all over Europe, Iceland, Canada, and the USA. I am a proficient programmer in Java, C, OCAML, and Python, and have taken courses in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Data Structures.

730 GMAT, 2 letters of recommendation; one from my coach (Princeton undergrad, Harvard MBA) and one from someone who I volunteered with extensively (Cornell undergrad, Berkeley MBA)

Practical Experience:

EY Technology Consultant (specifically SAP Team) - will start in September 2020 and plan to work for a year then apply)

Summer internship 3: Boutique Tech consulting firm (ran a full-scale implementation of a KS software and rolled out to 90 employees)

Summer Internship 2: Rockwell Automation (F500 Engineering company) as a sales engineer (50+ client-facing meetings, more of a support role)

Summer Internship 1: Pharmaceutical Company Data Analyst (excel macros, data forecasting)

Extracurricular:

French National Team - competed for my sport int he World Championships last year (considered an honorary captain for one game, and second-youngest player on the team), and will play for France in the upcoming European championships next summer

Varsity Athlete - Varsity athlete in North America, D1 level. Loss in semi-finals in national championship 2x

President of my schools largest club & Head of Finance (think a sporting activity club) - Largest club at my school, increased membership by roughly 15% to 730 members and had cost-savings of over $30k

Accenture's Accent on the Community program - placed fourth/ten in a competition where we were assigned a not for profit firm and a mandate. Successfully accomplished the mandate.

Eagle Scout (Boy Scouts of America final rank; led a project involving over 400 man hours, 30 + volunteers, and ~$3000 USD fundraised to construct a Dog Park in my town.

I would be so happy if you could help me to evaluate my profile and suggest me suitable universities and studies. My goal is to work at EY for a year-ish, and if I don't like the role I'm in, apply for either a MiM or an MBA to lateral into a more strategy-focused role (I've heard SAP is very pigeonholing to a certain extent).

Thank you so much in advance
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts