It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 11:07

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation- GMAT not taken yet.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 48

Profile Evaluation- GMAT not taken yet. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 08:41
Hi,

I am 32 year old female, having 9 years of work experience (4 years of international experience in UK and Japan) in IT service (fortune 500 company)
I was involved in volunteering activities during these days, but not on a continuous basis. I don't have any proof of participation in volunteer events.
I am on a career break since 2 years (maternity + child care).
I am thinking of doing MBA instead of returning to work so that I can restart my career post break with better opportunities.

I haven't given GMAT yet, But I think I can definitely get 700+ score with 1-2 months of prep. I score 650+ on mock tests.

Do you think I can get into top executive MBA programs after 2 years of break? if yes, which colleges I can apply. I am thinking of top 5 executive programs in India, but I am fine with international programs too.

what is the importance of IR and essay score in gmat application? What should I do strengthen my application considering I have 4-5 months before I apply for R1 2018?

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 48

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation- GMAT not taken yet. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 15:11
Hi, and thanks for writing! A lot of the Exec MBA programs offer brief "pre-application assessments" for candidates to give a preliminary indication of whether you'd be a suitable applicant, so I would definitely recommend taking advantage of that.

Regarding your other questions: For GMAT, the Quant and Verbal section are the most important (in addition to the overall score). For AWA, anything over a 4.0 is fine, and for IR, schools are still determining how to take it into account so they don't report an average/expected score. Regarding what to do to strengthen your application between now and when you apply, I'd say: 1. focus on attaining that 700+ score 2. See if there are any side projects/initiatives you can take on (either consulting or community service) and 3. research the schools thoroughly to determine (and be able to make a case for) which programs are the best match for you.

Hope that helps! Let me know of any other questions. :)

chetna14 wrote:
Hi,

I am 32 year old female, having 9 years of work experience (4 years of international experience in UK and Japan) in IT service (fortune 500 company)
I was involved in volunteering activities during these days, but not on a continuous basis. I don't have any proof of participation in volunteer events.
I am on a career break since 2 years (maternity + child care).
I am thinking of doing MBA instead of returning to work so that I can restart my career post break with better opportunities.

I haven't given GMAT yet, But I think I can definitely get 700+ score with 1-2 months of prep. I score 650+ on mock tests.

Do you think I can get into top executive MBA programs after 2 years of break? if yes, which colleges I can apply. I am thinking of top 5 executive programs in India, but I am fine with international programs too.

what is the importance of IR and essay score in gmat application? What should I do strengthen my application considering I have 4-5 months before I apply for R1 2018?

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation- GMAT not taken yet.

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap