Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:14 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - Indian Doctor [#permalink]
ManikG wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for a 1 year MBA and suggest top schools which I can target considering my educational background and age.

Demographics – Indian Male

Education - Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)

GPA - 4.0 (unsure, per GPA conversion table on GMAT registration page, 60-100% for India translates into 4.0 GPA, I scored 62% and it is hard to reach even 70% in MBBS curriculum)

GMAT – 730 (Q50, V38), IR 7, AWA 6 on first attempt (was getting around 750 in mocks)

Work experience:
9 years of work experience in India (8 years non-clinical in a pharmaceutical company and 1 year clinical)
- Currently working as General Manager in a Pharmaceutical research company in the field of drug safety.
- 1 year clinical experience working as a doctor in a hospital in India

Post MBA goal: Want to move into healthcare consulting role; Long term- Work in the direction of technology integration with healthcare and widening the reach of specialized healthcare

Thanks

Hi there,

For applying to one-year MBA programs, the work experience and the GMAT range seems like a good analytical measure and the skills do transfer to the healthcare consulting role.

However, there are many aspects that go into understanding the full profile, your resume, would be a good start for doing so.
I'm unsure of your location preference.

To still give you a brief idea- Kellogg, NYU, Cornell, Duke. All offer 1 year MBA option and would be worth looking at in US.
Better yet, EU B-schools are more renowned for their One-year MBA programs. INSEAD would be a Business school to consider for consulting roles given its history. Happy to answer any other questions
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation - Indian Doctor [#permalink]