Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation intake 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey Muniyant,

So a top 15 UG rank looks good, should open doors for the top colleges. Its good that you are looking into re-structuring your family experience in the application.
In this context, I want to re-emphasize on picking up the right data points and connecting them so as to showcase a strong story. At times, applicants with even strong profiles miss out on their dream schools due to sub-par essays .This is because a top schools receive thousands of applications, many with stellar profiles, hence even if you have a strong profile yourself, you might compete at a level ground. Don't want to intimidate you, but since you have a great profile, I just want to make sure that you are leaving no stones unturned :)

Lastly about the LOR, the reputation of the professors is not as important as the kind of professional relationship that you have shared with them.
An LOR is the UNDER-DOG of the application, it is the ONLY DOCUMENT that gives the adcom a THIRD PERSPECTIVE of your candidature and is super-important.
This is one of the most common mistakes applicants make - getting LORs from reputed names in the industry without sharing an extensive working relationship with them.
Here is the 101 on choosing recommendors:
- He/She should have worked with you for a considerable amount of time ( Try for a min of 4+ months)
- He/She should have closely worked with you and should know you enough to talk about your personal attributes

So, if you have worked intensively with your professors at Harvard over a considerable period of time, it will definitely add value. If not, you should look for someone who fits the above description of a recommendor.

Hope this helped :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
My target schools for MIM are St Gallen, Hec, ESSEC , ESCP, etc...
I am pursuing Bachelor of Commerce from Hindu College( one of the best colleges in the country). Cgpa is 8/10 ( will improve in my next semester.

Certifications- Cleared FRM( Financial risk Manager level1)
Will attempt CFA level 1 in December. Knowledge of German till A2.

Experience- Done a 4 month finance internship based on technical analysis( options, futures amd strategies)
Planning to do another two month internship in june/july.

GMAT- preparation in full flow. Will take the attempt in july. Targetting 720+

Extracurriculars- Founder/Manager of Traders for tomorrow club in college, conducted debates on trending topics- Bitcoin bubble, US-CHINA trade wars, organised cultural events.

Working on my social impact towards the society..

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts