It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 19:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Ivey League Colleges

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 80

Profile Evaluation - Ivey League Colleges [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 13:06
Dear Team

Please evaluate my profile.
Name: Nitesh Goyal
GMAT: 690 (Q:51, V:31)
Work Ex: 38 months
Target Colleges: HBS, LBS, Insead, Wharton, Stanford
Target Year Of Admission: 2020
Undergraduate: Civil Engineering from Delhi College Of Engineering (Delhi University, Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India)
UG CGPA: 7.5/10
Postgraduate: MBA from XLRI (4th best MBA college in India)
PG CGPA: 6.1/8.0 (Finance Stream: 7.1/8.0)
All levels of CFA cleared on first attempt in 2015
Long Term Target: To lead a top tier financial services company/ Open a Hedge Fund

I have Pre-MBA work experience in couple of firms.
1. I worked in a Civil Engineering Firm wherein I was posted as a Project Manager. I was directly managing people under me and making sure critical projects are completed on time. I was managing different civil projects end to end.
2. I worked as a Market Analyst with a trading company. I was involved in trading Comex Gold Futures. In my batch of Gold Traders, I was the first one to go live after the training and simulation program. I was the second highest overall profit maker and I had clocked highest intra-day profits multiple times. I was applauded by the Commodities Head leading to a profile confirmation in just 6 months.

After roughly 23 months of work experience, I went onto do an MBA from Xaviers Labor Research Institute. The course covered all the nitty gritty's of the business world. In my second year I selected a lot of finance electives. Also, I went on student exchange program to IESEG School Of Management in Paris for 3 months. I got a CGPA of 8.0 on 8.0 in that term in the foreign university.

After my MBA, I started working with Kotak Group (4th Largest Bank in India). I am currently working with the Structured Finance Team for the last 15 months. The team basically provides structured lending solutions to corporate clients such as acquisition financing, mezzanine debt, promoter funding, PE takeout, etc. We are currently present in a niche domain in India and run one of the largest structured lending book in India. My role basically entails analysis of different companies. In my short stint, I have analysed more than 25 companies from 6-8 different sectors. My analysis and view holds an important part of any structured lending transaction.

Major Interests
Active Stock Investor in Indian Stock Markets since 2014 (Double Digit CAGR return).
Analysis of Listed companies for personal equity investments.
Cricket Captain of my school and college cricket teams.
Volunteered for Commonwealth Games held in India in 2010.
Traveling across the globe (Covered more than 20 countries and 50 cities so far).

The major motivation of going for another MBA is to get an international exposure. The theoretical learning may be limited but the practical learning can bring a complete change to my way of thinking and my profile. I am currently not very keen on giving another GMAT shot due to hectic work life but I am ready to work on improving my profile. Though if there are very low chances with this score, then I will give another attempt and try to improve my score.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 80

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - Ivey League Colleges [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 13:03
Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for your post. As you may have heard, gaining admission to a top program for a 2nd MBA can be quite challenging... you have to convince the admissions committee that you deserve a spot MORE than other candidates who do not yet have any semblance of an MBA. It's not impossible but really challenging, so be sure to emphasize the WHY and how this will still be useful to your career, and the differences between the prior degree and now. Yes if you are aiming for that top caliber of school a top-notch GMAT would be necessary; still won't guarantee success but I'd think success would be difficult to come by without it! Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - Ivey League Colleges

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap