GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Oct 2019, 18:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation & Long-Term Trajectory Advice

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation & Long-Term Trajectory Advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 17:35
Good Evening GMAT Club,

Looking to keep this short and sweet (although it never seems turns out that way) so please bare with me. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary with my current position and I'm stuck between a rock and hard place. I like my current job and it seems as though I'm having a decent impact with promotions on the horizon. As such, I'm trying to evaluate when to get a MBA. Please note that my MBA is essentially free (GI Bill) and I'd really like to attend a top program in order to not only fully utilize the benefits I've earned but to have the opportunity to fully apply myself to the coursework. I say this because my bachelor's GPA isn't great but I was a commuter student and worked mostly full-time to put myself through college.

What I'm wondering is based on my current profile when is the best time to pursue this?

It's a hard decision because I'm currently well compensated and complicating this is a 4 year vest period on $60K in stock.

I'm open to any and all advice. Please feel free to ask questions and I will make any necessary clarifications.

Personal Info
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Education:
UMass 2013 - Political Science (GPA: 2.97)

Work Experience: 13 Years (Post College: 5 Years)

Highschool - College
Grocery Store: 2005-2006 (P/T)
Staples Inc.: 2006-2009 (P/T to F/T)
Santander Bank: 2009-2011 (F/T)
Apple Inc.: 2011-2013 (P/T)

Post College:
United States Marine Corps 2013-2017: Logistics Officer (Exit Rank: Captain)(Direct Reports: 8 / Indirect Reports: 180)
Fortune Top 10 Company (Tech) 2017-Current: Program Manager II - Global Capacity Planning/Analytics (Direct Reports: 0)

Leadership Experience:
High School Class President - 2008
Candidate For Town Mayor - 2009
UMass Student Senator - 2009-2010
USMC Officer Candidate - 2011
Combat Deployment (Afghanistan) - 2016-2017

International Work Experience:
Afghanistan 2016-2017 (Embedded Combat Logistics Advisor With Afghan National Police, Helmand Province)
India/Poland 2018 (Intermittent Business Trips)

Military Awards:
Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal - 2015
Combat Action Ribbon - 2017
Bronze Star - 2017

GMAT
Practice Only: Score 650 (Cold) / 690 (3-Mo Study Time)
SVP
SVP
D
Re: Profile Evaluation & Long-Term Trajectory Advice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 05:23
USMC1990 wrote:
Good Evening GMAT Club,

Looking to keep this short and sweet (although it never seems turns out that way) so please bare with me. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary with my current position and I'm stuck between a rock and hard place. I like my current job and it seems as though I'm having a decent impact with promotions on the horizon. As such, I'm trying to evaluate when to get a MBA. Please note that my MBA is essentially free (GI Bill) and I'd really like to attend a top program in order to not only fully utilize the benefits I've earned but to have the opportunity to fully apply myself to the coursework. I say this because my bachelor's GPA isn't great but I was a commuter student and worked mostly full-time to put myself through college.

What I'm wondering is based on my current profile when is the best time to pursue this?

It's a hard decision because I'm currently well compensated and complicating this is a 4 year vest period on $60K in stock.

I'm open to any and all advice. Please feel free to ask questions and I will make any necessary clarifications.

Personal Info
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Education:
UMass 2013 - Political Science (GPA: 2.97)

Work Experience: 13 Years (Post College: 5 Years)

Highschool - College
Grocery Store: 2005-2006 (P/T)
Staples Inc.: 2006-2009 (P/T to F/T)
Santander Bank: 2009-2011 (F/T)
Apple Inc.: 2011-2013 (P/T)

Post College:
United States Marine Corps 2013-2017: Logistics Officer (Exit Rank: Captain)(Direct Reports: 8 / Indirect Reports: 180)
Fortune Top 10 Company (Tech) 2017-Current: Program Manager II - Global Capacity Planning/Analytics (Direct Reports: 0)

Leadership Experience:
High School Class President - 2008
Candidate For Town Mayor - 2009
UMass Student Senator - 2009-2010
USMC Officer Candidate - 2011
Combat Deployment (Afghanistan) - 2016-2017

International Work Experience:
Afghanistan 2016-2017 (Embedded Combat Logistics Advisor With Afghan National Police, Helmand Province)
India/Poland 2018 (Intermittent Business Trips)

Military Awards:
Navy Marine Corps Achievement Medal - 2015
Combat Action Ribbon - 2017
Bronze Star - 2017

GMAT
Practice Only: Score 650 (Cold) / 690 (3-Mo Study Time)

With 5 years post college WE and 13 years overall experience, you are good to go. Is the 4 year vest period in your current company? which would mean you are locked n for another 3 years, by when you may be considered too old to do a full time MBA.
I'd advise you to kill the GMAT and apply this year.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation & Long-Term Trajectory Advice   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2018, 05:23

Profile Evaluation & Long-Term Trajectory Advice

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi