It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 05:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Low CGPA 6.5/10 and Okay GMAT Score 650

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation - Low CGPA 6.5/10 and Okay GMAT Score 650 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 14:55
Hello There!

I'm an Indian Female with a Bachelor's degree in Electronic & Communication Engineering from an okay-ish university in India.
CGPA - 6.55/10
GMAT Score - 650
Internships in my home country and abroad (in IT sector, Electrical dept, and a bit of administrative jobs)
I have no managerial experience only in Extra Curriculars and a few Volunteer Experiences here in Qatar.
I can get strong LoRs.

I want to enroll in a well reputed European University (rank 1-30) for Masters in Finance.
Universities like IE, ESADE, EADA, ESSEC, Grenoble, Skema etc.

Will I come through? What are my chances?

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 990 [1], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation - Low CGPA 6.5/10 and Okay GMAT Score 650 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 23:15
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
bazookababe wrote:
Hello There!

I'm an Indian Female with a Bachelor's degree in Electronic & Communication Engineering from an okay-ish university in India.
CGPA - 6.55/10
GMAT Score - 650
Internships in my home country and abroad (in IT sector, Electrical dept, and a bit of administrative jobs)
I have no managerial experience only in Extra Curriculars and a few Volunteer Experiences here in Qatar.
I can get strong LoRs.

I want to enroll in a well reputed European University (rank 1-30) for Masters in Finance.
Universities like IE, ESADE, EADA, ESSEC, Grenoble, Skema etc.

Will I come through? What are my chances?

Hey there,
Well it's a biiit hard to say without more detail.

Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service or extra curriculars? Which school did you graduate from?

All of these will play important roles in your evaluation.

From a pure GMAT perspective, the school list seems fair, but a profile is a LOT more than a GMAT!!!

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 990 [1], given: 49

Intern
Intern

Profile Evaluation - Low CGPA 6.5/10 and Okay GMAT Score 650 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 06:17
I graduated from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra with a CGPA of 6.55/10 and have a GMAT Score of 650. I also had a carrier left so I graduated a little late this year while traditionally we graduate in June but I graduated in October.

• My Internships are as follows:

Tata Steel Ltd. - Vocational Trainee (India - 2 months)

• I worked in the Mills & Utilities Electrical Maintenance Department and my project was based on Fiber Optic Cables in the Energy management Centre.
• It was more of an Industrial Exposure.

Thales - Reporting Officer (Doha, Qatar - 1 month)

• Provide consolidated status reporting to the PMO team.
• Build project reports in coordination with the different areas of the project.
• Consolidate reports for different meetings and prepare Minutes as required.
• Analyze previous status reports and identify trends so as to improve risk reporting.

Amzaad Technologies - Technical Consultant (Doha, Qatar - 5 months)

• My extra curricular include:
Events Coordinator
Conducted various workshops on topics like Machine Learning, Learn to Code in C, Data Structures for all etc.
Senior Technical Adviser of IEEE Students' Chapter Club
Created a web portal for the students of my college that provided practice questions for various competitive exams. The project was done under my mentorship and a couple of juniors were also involved.
Adventure Head at Sports & Adventure Club
Brainstormed ideas to get the college students to participate in sports and trips conducted and organized by our club.

• Volunteer Experience :
Publicity Team - Run the world Festival
"Run The World" is an initiative by The Youth Company(TYC), designed to encourage the youth of Qatar to lead an active, athletic and a healthy lifestyle. The role of the publicity team was to get as much crowd as possible and to engage them in these fun activities in order to induce personal development of the youth.
Management Trainee - Qatar Tennis Federation
It was a team effort wherein I had the opportunity to work along with a few others to manage the match fixtures of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014.

Please evaluate my profile. And give me an honest opinion and suggestions on how my profile can be improved. THANKS :)

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 990 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation - Low CGPA 6.5/10 and Okay GMAT Score 650 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 19:12
bazookababe wrote:
I graduated from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra with a CGPA of 6.55/10 and have a GMAT Score of 650. I also had a carrier left so I graduated a little late this year while traditionally we graduate in June but I graduated in October.

• My Internships are as follows:

Tata Steel Ltd. - Vocational Trainee (India - 2 months)

• I worked in the Mills & Utilities Electrical Maintenance Department and my project was based on Fiber Optic Cables in the Energy management Centre.
• It was more of an Industrial Exposure.

Thales - Reporting Officer (Doha, Qatar - 1 month)

• Provide consolidated status reporting to the PMO team.
• Build project reports in coordination with the different areas of the project.
• Consolidate reports for different meetings and prepare Minutes as required.
• Analyze previous status reports and identify trends so as to improve risk reporting.

Amzaad Technologies - Technical Consultant (Doha, Qatar - 5 months)

• My extra curricular include:
Events Coordinator
Conducted various workshops on topics like Machine Learning, Learn to Code in C, Data Structures for all etc.
Senior Technical Adviser of IEEE Students' Chapter Club
Created a web portal for the students of my college that provided practice questions for various competitive exams. The project was done under my mentorship and a couple of juniors were also involved.
Adventure Head at Sports & Adventure Club
Brainstormed ideas to get the college students to participate in sports and trips conducted and organized by our club.

• Volunteer Experience :
Publicity Team - Run the world Festival
"Run The World" is an initiative by The Youth Company(TYC), designed to encourage the youth of Qatar to lead an active, athletic and a healthy lifestyle. The role of the publicity team was to get as much crowd as possible and to engage them in these fun activities in order to induce personal development of the youth.
Management Trainee - Qatar Tennis Federation
It was a team effort wherein I had the opportunity to work along with a few others to manage the match fixtures of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open 2014.

Please evaluate my profile. And give me an honest opinion and suggestions on how my profile can be improved. THANKS :)

Thanks for the additional info.
Overall I feel like you have a pretty good profile for the schools you are aiming at. It will help both that you are not in tech and are a female candidate. I would say if you can show clear goals as well as make some sort of link/reasoning as to why you want to study finance based on your studies/internships you should have a good shot if you were to apply to your entire list.

So get started on those applications!
:)

Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 990 [0], given: 49

Profile Evaluation - Low CGPA 6.5/10 and Okay GMAT Score 650

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap