Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:54 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 413
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation MS Business Analytics [#permalink]
lv1444 wrote:
Profile Evaluation for MS Business Analytics 2023

Demographic:
29 year-old male; Peruvian citizen; Economist

Education:
Licenciate in Economics (5-years course) from a top university in Peru (top 1-3), GPA : 14/20, ~3.46/4 in the US scale. My thesis was awarded and received funding as prize.
Master in Economics (1-year course) from a top university in Argentina (top 1-2), GPA is not high (6,7/10, ~3.04/4 in the US scale).

Participated in a national competition (research contest) in Peru doing a paper that measure efficiency of regional governments (2nd place winner).

GMAT/GRE:
I haven't taken GMAT, but my GRE quant score is 167 and 152 verbal score.

WORKING EXPERIENCE:
~5 Years until now
2 years as a research assistant in a top think tank in economic research in Peru. Did a paper with my boss and other coauthors.
1 year as a research analyst in another think tank (more in the business side, funded by some private companies).
1 year for the peruvian government (working with data on consumer protection regulation)
~1 year in a multilateral organization in D.C. - US as a research consultant (an international development bank) (this is my current job)

I'd like to switch from research on economics and public policy jobs to business analytics jobs. I have some analytics skills (data handling and use of some softwares), but would like to apply it to solve other kind of problems. Also, I consider that I have more space to grow professionally in the private sector and gain other important skills.

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATIONS:
I have worked with PhDs in economics and I can have their recommendations. One of them is now Data Scientist in Uber.

I would be grateful if you could let me know my chances of getting into top Schools (in the US). I have been considering some of the followings: MIT Sloan, UCLA, UT Austin, USC, Texas A&M, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami U., SMU, Georgia State.

Thank you

Hi, I can see a lot of potential in this profile, reach out to me through personal message, let's take a in-depth look into your profile. Happy to give you a free 15 minute call slot for guiding you.
There is a lot of context missing that can help you gain lots of insight into the MBA admissions.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation MS Business Analytics [#permalink]