Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Ivey '16 (A$)
GPA: 3.99
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Ivey '16 (A$)
GPA: 3.99
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gladaki wrote:
Appreciate time you took out to read and reply to my post. Thank you so much.
I already miss the 1 round for Harvard do you think it will be a too long shot.

Thanks again

JonAdmissionado wrote:
gladaki wrote:
Thanks in advance. I want to target these schools but I dont have much experience not sure if these are good choice. Any help will be appreciated.
I am aiming to get in Health Care consultancy in future.

27 yo Female

Schools
1.Richard Ivey
2.Queen
3.Stanford
4.Sloan
5.Northwestern

Reason for including Canadian universities because of 45k$ scholarships offered by Canadian goverment.

GMAT:710
Work Experience

University of Calgary Medical Center (UCMC)

Graduate Research Assistant Sep 2010 – Present

UCMC is an integral part of Foothill Medical center. My research group hosts a multidisciplinary team

of clinicians and scientist with expertise in a wide range of disorders affecting reproductive health.

Our research portfolio spans on the development of the placenta and the heart. They are the earliest

organs to form during gestation, and defects in which are associated with common causes of pregnancy

complications, and fetal and perinatal deaths in humans and animals.

Key Accomplishments:

• Initiated and Collaborated with Stanford university and successfully completed the stalled
project with my area of expertise.
• Working on project on inhibiting the development of tumor using placenta mechanism for cell
growth. Total project funding is 800,000 $ with more funding on the way.
• Facilitated monthly meeting between staff to encourage collaboration on various projects.
• Worked with industries like $$$$$$ for testing products on various research projects.

Community
Disaster Management Responder, Red Cross Canada Jan 2013 - till now
The Canadian Red Cross helps vulnerable communities in Canada affected by emergencies and disaster
from situation ranging from house fires, floods to wildfire and hurricanes, which disrupt the entire
regions.

Key Accomplishments:
• 2 year of disaster & emergency management volunteer experiences at various reception center,
shelters, field & outreach programs.
• Relief and recovery deployment to floods, tornadoes, fires and public health emergencies
Education

Harvard School of Business May 2014 – July 2014

Innovation in Health Care

This course focus on evaluating and crafting business models that attain alignment between an

entrepreneurial healthcare venture and the six factors that critically shape new health care venture-
Financing, structure, Public Policy, Consumers, Technology and Accountability.

Key Accomplishments

• Earned certificate with Distinction after going through various health sector case studies
• Created a business plan with viable competitive strategy for an innovative health care venture
• Lead a team of people for creating a feasible business model.

University of Calgary Sep 2010 – till now
• PhD, Medicine
• GPA:3.7

Allahabad Agriculture University Jun 2003 –June 2008

• Bachelor of Engineering, Biotechnology
• GPA:9.2
• Deans list

I have couple of publications in major journals as well.

Hello there!
So I quite like your profile. The Healthcare industry in which you work is a fantastic one, and your PhD qualifications and great grades as well as your publications will help establish your expertise in your field.

What I also like from what I see that you have written is that you seem to have a vast amount of great Teamwork experience. Fantastic! Don't let that go to waste when it comes to writing your applications!

Your goals are good, and make sense (although I do wonder what you would like to do in the long-term :) )

And your school list is pretty reasonable too, which a good mix of tougher and easier schools.
What else can I say? Write a great application, and get in!
:)
Go you!
Best,
Jon

HBS is always a long shot! But give it a stab. If you have passionate interesting goals and can write a magical essay, who knows???
:)

Good luck!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts