Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:02 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation. Plz help me ? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
pharmasagar wrote:
Thank you for reply ,

To answer what all you have asked,

1. I am working on PhD.
2. I am 29 years old.
3. In my Graduation i attended NM University which is currently ranked 27th in INDIA among all universities.
For my Post graduation, i did it form PRIST University, which is deemed university (ranking i dont know) but its well know in India
For my PhD , i have chosen NIMS University (ranking i dont know)
4.Leadership - I have organized various functions at college level, whereas organized and managed event during my professional job career.
I have leaded my school's sports team in handball and and at national level as vice captain.
I have organized,planed and conducted outdoor tours of members (25-40) for 8-10 days in India.
Volunteers - I have volunteered in blood donation camp , local festivals. ( whereas no major registered activities with social groups)
Extra curricular activities - In addition to the previous post including photography;
I have participated and directed various plays at college level.
I have conducted seminars for students on career development, and delivered lectures for awareness & importance of Patent and Patent management at various places (private coaching classes , institutes)
I have participated in Singing competition.

Waiting for your kind reply,

Thanks,
Sagar

Dear Sagar,
Sooo, I think that with a 720+ you should be able to do pretty well. I'd say your target schools would likely be schools in the 10-30 ranking. The Top 10 schools will be tougher because of two challenges, I think. 1. You come from a non target school 2. Your work experience is too little for you to have proven yourself, truly. Actually I think the second reason might be a cause for hesitation/concern from many schools.

Whether you want to invest another year or two in your work is up to you of course, and likely will depend on many factors in your life and work. But from an MBA consultancy perspective I can say that if your job is a good one, and you wait two years you should have much better chances.

Otherwise the extras that you have (leadership, volunteer work, extra currics) are all good, although they are similar to what many other Indian candidates will show. I think in your case it's less of a "problem", because your PHD background already makes you quite unique, but it is something to think about.

Please let me know your thoughts, and of course, best of luck on the GMAT!!!

Best,
Jon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HELLO,

Thank you for the reply.

Inputs from your side are really worth to consider. Can you please enlist which are the colleges to be considered in between ranking of 10-30.

Waiting...

Thanks
Sagar
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
pharmasagar wrote:
HELLO,

Thank you for the reply.

Inputs from your side are really worth to consider. Can you please enlist which are the colleges to be considered in between ranking of 10-30.

Waiting...

Thanks
Sagar

Sagar,
My reference list for rankings in the US News and World Report Ranking. So have a look there,

Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts