Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats on that 730! Excellent, and will help you in the admissions process.

In terms of choosing schools, Tepper comes to mind... but a lot of it depends on what YOU are looking for in a school, as well as your post-MBA goals which you haven't mentioned ?

I would think schools outside the top 8 or so would be within range with very strong essays.... you still have less work experience and sounds like less leadership experience than would be preferred, so best chances at schools out side top 15. If you have your heart set on a top 5/top 8 school, I'd suggest applying to one as your reach school. For more on choosing schools, check out our free download at: https://info.mbamission.com/Selecting-Yo ... ram-E-Book.

Best wishes!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanx for the reply again...I have been looking at the top universities and I see most of them have average work experience 4-5 yrs in their class profile.Do you think it is wise to wait and apply next year???How much will my chances improve for say the top 20 ranked universities??

Also, wat do you think of my chances at MASTER in Finance or MASTER in FINANCIAL ENGINEERING at schools such as university of california, berkeley or MIT
if I apply this year. I hear that these courses require less work experience than MBA and the course is more quantitative in nature. IF this two a no no then which other school do u think is in range!
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there,

Your profile would likely be stronger in another year, yes, for an MBA, especially if you can focus on getting some good leadership experience in your job, wherever possible; thinking about where you can go above and beyond and really contribute to specific accomplishments at work that you can then cite on the applications as well.

In terms of those other Masters degrees, I can't say for certain as those are less my area of expertise but just generally I would think yes, you may have an even better shot at those-- you have the strong GMAT, you have the technical background, and yes they generally are not as focused on work experience as an MBA degree would be. To best assess, have a look at the specific program websites and the class profiles if possible and you can see how you stack up against others. But probably most important is to determine what YOUR personal goals are, and then figure out what degree will best help you get there. Good luck!
Moderator:
1452 posts