Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Duke '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Duke '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi there,

To your points:

1) During my Masters program, I was studying for the CPA. I had already received a full time offer through my internship, so my main concern was passing all four exams before I started work. Is the lower GPA something that I should address in the optional essay?
I would, yes; it can't hurt to just briefly address and assert that you are confident you'll perform even stronger on this program!

2) Yes, you are correct that I will be applying this fall and begin in Fall 2018.
Gotcha, so yes time is slightly more limited but you can still seek out some community activities etc asap.

3) I would like to take a supplemental course this summer before I apply. I have been looking at MOOCs. Do schools consider these credible, or should I look into taking an online class directly through a school's website? I see that most MOOCs provide a certificate after you pass the course, but it's hard to tell if a course provides letter grades or if it is only pass/fail.
I would say certainly an actual letter grade would be preferable; that said taking a course pass/fail could still be slightly better than not taking it at all. I don't feel too strongly you HAVE to take a course per se, but of course it's a nice gesture if it's something that would help you in b-school and/or beyond.

4) I completely agree with the community activity. I am currently researching organizations in Paris where I can volunteer and hopefully hold a leadership position.
Sounds good!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Moderator:
1452 posts