It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 01:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation request.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Concentration: International Business, Finance
Profile Evaluation request. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 09:36
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask you to review my profile and let me know, at which schools do I have a chance and if you could assist me with the application process. Thank you in advance. I would be glad to provide you my full CV for evaluation purposes as well. Thank you in advance.

Professional: Graduated in 2012, since then have been self entrepreneur, 3y+ managing small Branding Agency, 1y Investment into real estate project.
Leadership: team leader at school championships in chess and economics; board member at student union.
Academic Record: B.S. in Business Administration from german university(within 2.5 years) 1,8/5,0 comparable to GPA 3.6, Dean's Award 5% of the class, State scholarship holder.
non-german B.S. in Industrial Engineering 2y(non-finished), GPA: 3,9 GMAT: 710 P:92% Q: 51 V:34
Uniqueness: international background, from Az-an, volunteered for 4 years in Total, former National Chess Champion,(teen ages), math/economics tournaments accomplishments, CFA,
Schools you are targeting: TOP US and UK Business Schools, not sure if MS. in Finance or MBA would be the most correct decision.
Career goals: Venture Capital

Cheers,

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 990 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Profile Evaluation request. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2017, 04:21
vugi wrote:
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask you to review my profile and let me know, at which schools do I have a chance and if you could assist me with the application process. Thank you in advance. I would be glad to provide you my full CV for evaluation purposes as well. Thank you in advance.

Professional: Graduated in 2012, since then have been self entrepreneur, 3y+ managing small Branding Agency, 1y Investment into real estate project.
Leadership: team leader at school championships in chess and economics; board member at student union.
Academic Record: B.S. in Business Administration from german university(within 2.5 years) 1,8/5,0 comparable to GPA 3.6, Dean's Award 5% of the class, State scholarship holder.
non-german B.S. in Industrial Engineering 2y(non-finished), GPA: 3,9 GMAT: 710 P:92% Q: 51 V:34
Uniqueness: international background, from Az-an, volunteered for 4 years in Total, former National Chess Champion,(teen ages), math/economics tournaments accomplishments, CFA,
Schools you are targeting: TOP US and UK Business Schools, not sure if MS. in Finance or MBA would be the most correct decision.
Career goals: Venture Capital

Cheers,

Hey there,
Well I think overall you do seem to have a very nice profile. The major question for me is: How valuable is your Work Experience?

It's hard to see from here, because I am lacking detail. And with being self-employed, it can be tough. Basically you need to go out of your way to PROVE that your experience was challenging, relevant, impactful ...And the more you can prove (say by singing big contracts leading big teams, etc.) the better your chances will be.

Essentially, You have a good profile, and if you can tell a GREAT story, you should be able to do pretty well!
Best,
Jon Frank

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern

Re: Profile Evaluation request. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2017, 04:10
Hi John,

thank you a lot for your feedback. Need an advice concerning application for MBA at HBS and Stanford. I have an option to apply now in R3 for both schools and in the worst case to reapplying R1 for the 2018 intake? Do you think its better to wait and to apply later in R1 2018(intake) or to apply now in R3 2017 intake and then once again in the worst case in R1 2018 intake? Would applying twice negatively affect my chances in R1 2018 intake? Thanks in advance.

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2017, 23:37
Applying in R3 is a no-go, not unless you have a very very special and unique profile. Wait till R1 next year.

Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 02:32
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Applying in R3 is a no-go, not unless you have a very very special and unique profile. Wait till R1 next year.

Best,
Jon

Hi Jon,

thank you for your quick comment. Do you mean applying twice would negative affect my chances to be accepted to the mentioned programs?

Thank you in advance.

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2017, 22:44
vugi wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:

Best,
Jon

Hi Jon,

thank you for your quick comment. Do you mean applying twice would negative affect my chances to be accepted to the mentioned programs?

Thank you in advance.

Hey what I meant is that:
1. R3 is too hard anyways, and it's not worth taking the chance.
2. Apply R1 one year and R1 next year doesn't usually make sense as so little time passes between applications that you don;t have enough time to prove real improvement, which is the basis of any reapplication.

I hope this makes sense,
Best,
JF

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Profile Evaluation request.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap