GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 06:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PROFILE EVALUATION REQUEST

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
PROFILE EVALUATION REQUEST [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 09:48
Greetings ,
I am a Probationary Officer ( ASSISTANT MANAGER ) working in SBI from Feb 2016 . Following are the details
GMAT - 750 (V51,Q42)
10Th - 84
12Th - 78.2
1 Year gap in studies .for prep
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering - SRM University chennai - 7.459 CGPA ( Dont know on the scale of 4 , Kindly help ) .
INFOSYS - 16 Months - INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT SERVICES ( LINUX) - Worked with australian and american clients .
STATE BANK OF INDIA - 17 months till date as a Probationary Officer .
Have been selected as a member of Self Governance team in Infosys .
Now working as a passing officer handling clearing and general banking operations along with business development for mutual funds and insurance products ,
Working extensively with High net worth customers and have taken many initiatives towards customer satisfaction .
have been constantly praised by my supervisors ( Chief Managers and AGM'S ) for my efforts .
Working in a rural area right now from 8 months .
Have been trained in SME , AGRI LOANS, P segment .

Hobbies
Love to cook food - Indian , Italian ( Make great pasta and Chicken Tikkas )
meet new people - know things
exercising - love to go to gym and play games ( any )

Extra curriculars
Was in BHANGRA TEAM of srm for 3 years
participated in several mun"s
worked as a team leader in annual events of college once
won best idea presentation award

I love to communicate and get into discussions . My strongest point is i am always curious to know about various fields in which people are working.
Expert Post
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION REQUEST [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 22:38
souravsaggar wrote:
Greetings ,
I am a Probationary Officer ( ASSISTANT MANAGER ) working in SBI from Feb 2016 . Following are the details
GMAT - 750 (V51,Q42)
10Th - 84
12Th - 78.2
1 Year gap in studies .for prep
B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering - SRM University chennai - 7.459 CGPA ( Dont know on the scale of 4 , Kindly help ) .
INFOSYS - 16 Months - INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT SERVICES ( LINUX) - Worked with australian and american clients .
STATE BANK OF INDIA - 17 months till date as a Probationary Officer .
Have been selected as a member of Self Governance team in Infosys .
Now working as a passing officer handling clearing and general banking operations along with business development for mutual funds and insurance products ,
Working extensively with High net worth customers and have taken many initiatives towards customer satisfaction .
have been constantly praised by my supervisors ( Chief Managers and AGM'S ) for my efforts .
Working in a rural area right now from 8 months .
Have been trained in SME , AGRI LOANS, P segment .

Hobbies
Love to cook food - Indian , Italian ( Make great pasta and Chicken Tikkas )
meet new people - know things
exercising - love to go to gym and play games ( any )

Extra curriculars
Was in BHANGRA TEAM of srm for 3 years
participated in several mun"s
worked as a team leader in annual events of college once
won best idea presentation award

I love to communicate and get into discussions . My strongest point is i am always curious to know about various fields in which people are working.

Hey there dude,
Very good to hear from you!

So first of all congratulations on that very nice GMAT!!! :) Well done, sir!

I think overall your professional experience is pretty good, and you come from a good institution in a great industry. There are some small weaknesses, however (Non-IIT grad, GPA below 8.0, and somewhat little work experience).

For me though I think what is missing (for the moment) is your STORY - I don't get much a sense of who you are or what you want to do, yet. Also, your volunteer work and extra curricular activities seem very minimal and also a bit standard. So if you desire the school to select YOUR candidacy about the hundreds of other Indian applicants, it will be great to have essays that are original and unique!

But we can work on that.

Overall, I would say you would fit well coming up with a strategic list of 5-7 schools in the 5-20 range approximately. I would recommend schools that are known for banking: So schools like NYU, Columbia, Tepper, Johnson, UNC, Yale. (although by all means, so look into the schools that are interesting for you!

I hope this helps,
Best,
Jon

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

PROFILE EVALUATION REQUEST

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap