It is currently 10 Dec 2017, 19:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 178

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 11:25
Hello ,

I'm planning to apply to schools in the US in R2. Request you to please review my profile and give your valuable feedback on the bschools I selected. Need your help to shortlist them

GMAT Score : 700 (Q49, V35)
Nationality : Indian
GPA : 7.93/10
UG Degree : Industrial Engineering
Work Ex Duration : Current - 3 Years
Work Ex Industry : Product Management
About the Company : It is a US based company started in the Bay area back in 2007. Now it a mid level firm spanning across multiple countries

About My Work Ex:
1. Led a small team and improved the product in a year. Worked closely along with the CTO to enhance the experience of the user
2. Led the product launch in Indonesia
3. Led the product launch and handled the entire Middle East region as a product. I am the Product manager for the Entire region now
4. Carried out multiple improvements in the product which led to increased user experience in the product
5. Worked with multiple teams across the globe including chinese, indonesian, malaysian, middle east and american nationals for the product
6. Got promoted twice in three years(From trainee to Product manager) and also featured in the company newsletter as the "Employee of the Month"

Post MBA goals:
1. Short term goal :Work in similar but higher PM roles or work in smaller firms that have entrepreneurial roles and lead the product for 4-5 years atleast
2. Long term goal : To start my own firm after 10 years

Target Colleges:
McCombs, Duke, Darden, Tepper, Kenan-Flagler, Yale, Ross, Tuck, Fosters (UWA) , Cornell

Expert Post
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 13:29
Hi pikolo2510, thanks for reaching out!

Your work experience sounds really strong. Product management is a hot field for MBAs as you probably know. I especially like that you've had exposure to different markets and countries and you've had leadership experience of both teams and full product launches. The two promotions are great too!

On your goals, since you're not making a big career switch, make sure you identify the key areas of growth during the MBA -- what skills will you build, what experiences do you need, etc. to be a better PM and eventually start your own venture.

You have a solid and well-balanced GMAT score too. It'll make some of the top schools like Tuck and Yale challenging, but those aren't completely out of reach. I think your best chances are at schools where your GMAT is closer to or above their average, and schools that are known for Tech and Entrepreneurship. I would definitely keep McCombs and Foster on your list -- those seem like very natural choices. Tepper, Duke, and UNC are good choices too. Have you looked into Cornell's Tech-focused MBA? That might be a good fit too.

Best of luck!
Kate

pikolo2510 wrote:
Hello ,

I'm planning to apply to schools in the US in R2. Request you to please review my profile and give your valuable feedback on the bschools I selected. Need your help to shortlist them

About the Company : It is a US based company started in the Bay area back in 2007. Now it a mid level firm spanning across multiple countries

About My Work Ex:
1. Led a small team and improved the product in a year. Worked closely along with the CTO to enhance the experience of the user
3. Led the product launch and handled the entire Middle East region as a product. I am the Product manager for the Entire region now
4. Carried out multiple improvements in the product which led to increased user experience in the product
5. Worked with multiple teams across the globe including chinese, indonesian, malaysian, middle east and american nationals for the product
6. Got promoted twice in three years(From trainee to Product manager) and also featured in the company newsletter as the "Employee of the Month"

Post MBA goals:
1. Short term goal :Work in similar but higher PM roles or work in smaller firms that have entrepreneurial roles and lead the product for 4-5 years atleast

Target Colleges:
McCombs, Duke, Darden, Tepper, Kenan-Flagler, Yale, Ross, Tuck, Fosters (UWA) , Cornell

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 18:36
mbaMissionKate wrote:
Hi pikolo2510, thanks for reaching out!

Your work experience sounds really strong. Product management is a hot field for MBAs as you probably know. I especially like that you've had exposure to different markets and countries and you've had leadership experience of both teams and full product launches. The two promotions are great too!

On your goals, since you're not making a big career switch, make sure you identify the key areas of growth during the MBA -- what skills will you build, what experiences do you need, etc. to be a better PM and eventually start your own venture.

You have a solid and well-balanced GMAT score too. It'll make some of the top schools like Tuck and Yale challenging, but those aren't completely out of reach. I think your best chances are at schools where your GMAT is closer to or above their average, and schools that are known for Tech and Entrepreneurship. I would definitely keep McCombs and Foster on your list -- those seem like very natural choices. Tepper, Duke, and UNC are good choices too. Have you looked into Cornell's Tech-focused MBA? That might be a good fit too.

Best of luck!
Kate

pikolo2510 wrote:
Hello ,

About My Work Ex:

Post MBA goals:

Target Colleges:

Thank you for the feedback Kate :-)

Sure, I will check out the Cornell Tech MBA as you suggested and work on the other points you pointed out. Also i will be looking for a scholarship to fund my MBA program. Which colleges do you think I should apply to get a tuition fee waiver?

Expert Post
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 20:05
Hi again! Typically one important factor in scholarship consideration is your GMAT. So, schools where your GMAT is significantly above their average will have the best chance of scholarship. Are you asking about tuition fee waivers or application fee waivers? Some schools do offer application fee waivers; usually to US military members or members of Peace Corps/Teach for America; but sometimes they will grant them if you attend an event or make a special request.

Good luck!
Kate

pikolo2510 wrote:

Sure, I will check out the Cornell Tech MBA as you suggested and work on the other points you pointed out. Also i will be looking for a scholarship to fund my MBA program. Which colleges do you think I should apply to get a tuition fee waiver?

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 20:09
mbaMissionKate wrote:
Hi again! Typically one important factor in scholarship consideration is your GMAT. So, schools where your GMAT is significantly above their average will have the best chance of scholarship. Are you asking about tuition fee waivers or application fee waivers? Some schools do offer application fee waivers; usually to US military members or members of Peace Corps/Teach for America; but sometimes they will grant them if you attend an event or make a special request.

Good luck!
Kate

pikolo2510 wrote:

Thank you mbaMissionKate

I am talking about "Tuition fee waivers" . Can you suggest the schools for which I can surely get the tuition fee waiver from the above list?

Thanks in advance :-)

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
S

Kudos [?]: 84 [1], given: 5

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 08:57
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Well first, it's really hard to predict because we don't know each school's criteria for financial aid/scholarships. But generally you will have a better shot at the lower ranked schools on your list. If you want to guarantee a significant amount of financial aid, then you may want to apply to some even safer schools too. If you have questions about financing, you could also check in with our partners at M7 Financial here: https://www.m7financial.com/

pikolo2510 wrote:
mbaMissionKate wrote:

Good luck!
Kate

pikolo2510 wrote:

Thank you mbaMissionKate

I am talking about "Tuition fee waivers" . Can you suggest the schools for which I can surely get the tuition fee waiver from the above list?

Thanks in advance :-)

Kate Richardson
mbaMission

Kudos [?]: 84 [1], given: 5

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap