GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 04:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 15:56
Dear Consultants,

I would love to get some feedback on my profile for a Master in Finance pre-experience. My information is as follows:

Age 23 (at moment of applying)
School: Dutch University of Applied Sciences (not well known)
Study Stream: Bachelor of Science in Finance and Control
GPA: 7,17 - 7,43 / 10 (3.1 - 3.34 / 4) - this includes the grades obtained during my exchange semester / excludes the grades for the final period as well as the grade I will receive for my graduation thesis.

Exchange Semester: Studied at a prestigious Chinese university (ranked 4th for its finance program in China)
Study Stream: Finance and Accounting
GPA: 8.45 / 10

Work Experience (chronological order)
- 5 month internship in South-East Asia
Developed a business plan for a Joint Venture with a Top University.

- 4 month internship in South-East Asia
Worked as a Capital Markets intern for CBRE (Investment Properties)

- 6 month internship in China
Worked as an intern for MRM//McCann with clients such as Mastercard, Microsoft, J&J, JP Morgan, Cathay Pacific, etc.

- 3 month internship in South-East Asia
Investment banking intern in the M&A Department for the country's second largest bank. Participated in: IPO, M&A, Equitization, Research, etc.

- 6 month internship in China (This will start after applications, but will list regardless)
Private Equity / Graduation intern at a private equity fund, will write a thesis based on investment opportunities and participate in daily activities. Will take Chinese language classes for 21 weeks.

Certifications:
GMAT: 700 (47q / 40v / 7IR / AWA to be received)
Propaedeutic certificate (awarded to less than 30% of the year)
HSK Level 2 (basic Chinese)

Extracurriculars:
Taught English to underprivileged kids in South-East Asia for a few hours each week.

Languages: Dutch and English (fluent), Chinese (basic)

Target Schools:
RSM
SSE
Esade
Bocconi
IE Business School
Tsinghua
Chinese University of Hong Kong

Stretch (but evaluation appreciated):
LBS
Imperial

I apologize for the amount of information, just thought it'd be better to share more to receive more accurate advice. If you have any other suggestions, I would very much like to hear them.

I would like to thank you in advance for your review.
Expert Post
Director
Director
S
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 12:50
It will be tough for you to get into some of the top European schools. Your GPA is on the lower end and a 700 GMAT, while good, isn't great. The fact that European schools will know about your schools ranking will also hurt some. I can see you being competitive with IE and ESADE though.

I think the Asian schools will like you though. European experience, fine stats, etc.

LBS - if you apply for the MiM or MFA, you should be somewhat competitive. l consider Imperial easier to get into than LBS/LSE/Cambridge/Oxford, so you should have a good shot there.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Re: Profile Evaluation Request   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2018, 12:50

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap