Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi just to provide some insight into why INSEAD might not have worked out MBAAspirant133

Academics - maybe you needed to provide them greater assurance in the optional about your intent to be a better student this time around; not a deal breaker if you have a good GMAT but needs to be addressed

Leadership - looks like you have some great stuff going with this but you are young, and they are looking to see what impact you have created. Did you focus on highlighting quantifiable achievements in your CV and job essays? If you are doing your own startup they might have also considered this risky for as perceived by recruiting companies IF you don't have a smashing success made visible in the app

Contribution - I am not seeing anything here about ECs, community involvement - at the end of the day INSEAD is a community and they want to know you have the ability and motivation to add value to it

International Motivation - where is the motivation for a UN style program; how can you show passion for internationalism, are there any data points there? How does your goal require a UN style program?

Regarding your goals, did you speak to how your past experience positions you well for PM or VC? If you included both goals that couldbe a red flag because this program is super accelerated and you need to have clear focus to get an internship in VC in July, it cant be plan B. If you dont have a specific goal its tough to argue for why you need an MBA because the answer is very different in each case.
Finally, how does post MBA experience provides an arc to the long term goal? What is the legacy you wish to leave?

MBAAspirant133 wrote:
Hi,

I am a long time fan of the GMAT Club Forums.

I gave my GMAT in Feb and scored a 760 (V45, Q49) with a 5.5 in AWA and 6 in IR.

My nationality is Indian. I have a bachelor's degree in Economics from a reputed college in Delhi University however my overall grade is just below 60%.

I have around 6 years of varied work experience. I am 26 years old.

I started out as a strategy analyst for KPMG wherein I handled clients from Australia and Western Europe while working out of the Indian office. I worked here for over a year during which I was given a partner's commendation and became the only analyst who led communication training for the new members.

Post KPMG I joined a travel content startup where I built and led a 7 member marketing team and liaisoned with the tech team to build marketing products. I was promoted within 6 months since I helped reduce the overall marketing spend drastically while increasing the efficiency of our targeting by instituting data-driven processes. While working here I also became a travel anchor and a scriptwriter which eventually led to me starting my own venture after spending almost 2 years with this company.

I started a creative agency 3 years ago. Over this period, we have provided a wide cross-section of solutions to our clients ranging from social media posts to a travel TV show which streamed across 18 channels.

Part of the reasons for my average grades in college is down to the fact that I was heavily involved in debating and have won numerous tournaments at the national level. Till recently I kept mentoring college students to help them develop their public speaking skills.

I recently wrote a whitepaper on a set of laws that were to be passed in India. A lawyer took note of my concerns and we successfully were able to get the law amended. If the law were to be passed in its previous form it could have had a devastating impact on small businesses across the country.

I am hoping to get into one of the M7 schools in the US or into LBS since I want to eventually start a content-tech company. In the short term, I am looking at roles in either VC or in product management. I am slightly biased towards US schools since I am looking at changing careers and I believe a 2 year MBA would serve my goals better.

I had applied to Insead for the January 2023 intake in the second round, however, I did not make the shortlist.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]