Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:17 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 229 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: ESCP Europe
GMAT 1: 650 Q40 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 229 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Nihalkale,

I just responded to your profile eval request in this other post:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-revi ... l#p3029375

Thanks!
Kate

Nihalkale wrote:
Hello,

I am an Indian male with 3 years of work experience as a corporate lawyer at Tier-1 law firm. I had applied for MiM Programs in the last round (ESCP, EDHEC, IE, Frankfurt) with a gmat score of 630. Received interview invites from all. But couldn't convert ESCP, ESSEC (Dream college) and Frankfurt. Got an admit from EDHEC and IE.

My queries are following:

1. Reasons for Reject post interviews: I am unable to figure out the reason for getting rejected post the interviews. My interviews went quite well (although I do understand that it is quite subjective). Can one of the reasons be my low gmat score? Do the colleges still look at your scores (GMAT and academics) post the interviews? Or is the final decision just based on essays and interviews?

2. EDHEC/IE: I still have time for confirming my admit at EDHEC and IE. However, i am really not keen on the colleges. EDHEC's MiM course is quite interesting because of their gap year. However, I feel that since there are already 3 better colleges in France (HEC, ESSEC and ESCP), future job prospects wont be that great. Further, my proficiency in French is also extremely limited. Coming to IE, their MiM Program is just 10 months, which I personally feel is too short for someone like me (non-business/non-management background). Further, Spain's economy and job opportunities aren't that impressive.

Does this make sense ?

3.Next Step: I am thinking of giving my GMAT again and applying in the next intake (September, 2023). I feel that if i can improve my score and apply in R1 (i applied in R4 last time), I may be able to secure better colleges. However, considering the fact that I will have almost 4 years of work by next September, I am not sure if I a eligible to apply for MiM courses (ESSEC, ESCP, HEC. I may have to look for MBA Programs.
Any advice on what the next step should be?

Apologies for the long message, but any help or advice would be really appreciated!
Moderator:
1452 posts