Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:30 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.14
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request - Former Developmental Journalist [#permalink]
Allow me to go over step by step with major questions, I see here.

NosyNocturnal wrote:

My undergrad GPA is low but there are 2 reasons for it. My university (Calcutta University) is notorious for low scores, its tough to even score above 75%. Plus, I had to deal with a terrible personal crisis all throughout my college years (Caregiver for my mother with severe psychotic issues, personal depression). How do I convey this to the schools?

It won't be a problem. Business schools have an understanding of your mental health issues- depression, anxiety, ADHD are considered very seriously here in United States. However, you must not use them as an excuse but a reason to justify the dip at that time, you may want to think about a few things we could recommend but overall, I don't think it will be a problem. If anyone else is saying otherwise, ignore them. But you do need to compensate the GPA with a present accomplishment that could be GMAT, CFA (I, II, III) OR CPA. (Admission rule: Academic flaws can be fixed by academic accomplishments)

NosyNocturnal wrote:
Work Experience: 5+ Years

Worked as a Developmental Journalist for 2 years. Total experience in journalism sector - 3.5 years.

Brilliant, adds to a diversity from industry standpoint. Definitely a plus.

NosyNocturnal wrote:

Currently working as a Content Manager with a Logistics & Supply Chain company in India.

Started two personal ventures - 1 cloud kitchen, 1 web magazine (Both didn’t work out due to COVID and lockdown)

That is again amazing to show on your extra curriculars, entrepreneurship experience is certainly a plus.

NosyNocturnal wrote:
Target GMAT Score: 720 (Currently scoring around 690-700 in mocks)
I wish to pursue full-time MBA (preferably Marketing Major) in US or Europe. Will be eligible for need-based scholarship at some schools.

Which would be the best schools for me to target with realistic chances of acceptance?
Do I have any chance at T-25?

Assuming that you get 720, yes, definitely. I had a client with that score who ended up in a T-15 US school and almost all in the range of t-15 to t-20 and beyond. Certainly, possible. But of course the market shifts and so 730 should be a healthy aim to get into desired schools.

To be honest about scholarship- Not really. Need based scholarships are available at some schools but they're literally not enough to cover that price tag. But there are some schools that are generous with scholarship that we can talk about, if scholarship is in-fact a criteria.

I personally wanted scholarships myself so definitely understand it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Some colleges provide need-based scholarships, but even those don't come close to covering the total cost. If financial aid is an important factor, however, we can discuss your options at some colleges known for their large scholarship programs.
GMAT Club Bot