It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 06:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT 700/6 years profess

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT 700/6 years profess [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 21:50
Hi John @ Admissionado! I see that you are very responsive to profile evaluation requests! I hope you spare some time for evaluating mine as well.

Nationality: Indian
Female
GMAT: 700 (Q-43, V-42, IR-7, AWA-6.0)

Undergraduation: Mechanical Engineering from JNTU (top 10 universities, non-IIT), GPA: 3.90/5 ; Revived and headed the Literature club at college apart from active participation in Tech fests. Interned at Indian Railways, submitting 3 research projects based on Computational Fluid Dynamics and Design & Engineering; Also interned at a Small Scale Enterprise to submit an original project work as part of course curriculum (dealing with new moulding techniques for automobile parts).

Professional Work Experience: Business Analyst to Product Owner to Analytics Consulting in IT (4 years)- at Indian IT Majors- Infosys & Cognizant; R&D role in Computational Fluid Dynamics at Fiat Chrysler (2 years). I have pursued my career in line with my entrepreneurial interests-combining product/software development and Predictive Analytics for business decisions; leveraging software development and Agile practices and combining it with Automobile/Commuter systems for efficient design and development. Certifications include Scrum Certified Product Owner; ISTQB Foundation Level Certified Quality Analyst.

Leadership experience: Leading high performing teams at offshore to deliver on-time product increments in Agile/DevOps environments, by implementing DevOps and Shift-Left levers, leading to savings of 100k (pounds). Establishing TCOE at offshore through preparation of Test Strategy, Test and Resource Estimation, defining and measuring KPIs for automation projects, leading to 30% reduction in test times, 35% cost reduction and containing high severity defect leakage to 2%.

Extra Curriculars include being part of CSR initiatives and active contribution to newsletters at Fiat Chrysler; Being part of Toastmasters and ILI (infosys Leadership Institute) at Infosys; Active participation in Tech Hackathon and Innovation challenges at Cognizant.

MBA Target Schools: NYU Stern, CMU Tepper, Ross, Haas, Chicago Booth.
Stretch Schools: MIT LGO, Cornell, Columbia, Tuck.

Post MBA Plans: To work with M/B/B as a Strategy and Leadership consultant for 3-5 years and then transition to leadership role or start up an own venture.

Please let me know my chances at intended schools, especially Booth and Stretch schools.

Thank You!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [1], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT 700/6 years profess [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 18:22
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ushakg388 wrote:
Hi John @ Admissionado! I see that you are very responsive to profile evaluation requests! I hope you spare some time for evaluating mine as well.

Nationality: Indian
Female
GMAT: 700 (Q-43, V-42, IR-7, AWA-6.0)

Undergraduation: Mechanical Engineering from JNTU (top 10 universities, non-IIT), GPA: 3.90/5 ; Revived and headed the Literature club at college apart from active participation in Tech fests. Interned at Indian Railways, submitting 3 research projects based on Computational Fluid Dynamics and Design & Engineering; Also interned at a Small Scale Enterprise to submit an original project work as part of course curriculum (dealing with new moulding techniques for automobile parts).

Professional Work Experience: Business Analyst to Product Owner to Analytics Consulting in IT (4 years)- at Indian IT Majors- Infosys & Cognizant; R&D role in Computational Fluid Dynamics at Fiat Chrysler (2 years). I have pursued my career in line with my entrepreneurial interests-combining product/software development and Predictive Analytics for business decisions; leveraging software development and Agile practices and combining it with Automobile/Commuter systems for efficient design and development. Certifications include Scrum Certified Product Owner; ISTQB Foundation Level Certified Quality Analyst.

Leadership experience: Leading high performing teams at offshore to deliver on-time product increments in Agile/DevOps environments, by implementing DevOps and Shift-Left levers, leading to savings of 100k (pounds). Establishing TCOE at offshore through preparation of Test Strategy, Test and Resource Estimation, defining and measuring KPIs for automation projects, leading to 30% reduction in test times, 35% cost reduction and containing high severity defect leakage to 2%.

Extra Curriculars include being part of CSR initiatives and active contribution to newsletters at Fiat Chrysler; Being part of Toastmasters and ILI (infosys Leadership Institute) at Infosys; Active participation in Tech Hackathon and Innovation challenges at Cognizant.

MBA Target Schools: NYU Stern, CMU Tepper, Ross, Haas, Chicago Booth.
Stretch Schools: MIT LGO, Cornell, Columbia, Tuck.

Post MBA Plans: To work with M/B/B as a Strategy and Leadership consultant for 3-5 years and then transition to leadership role or start up an own venture.

Please let me know my chances at intended schools, especially Booth and Stretch schools.

Thank You!

Ok miss!
My pleasure!
But we're going to have to hunker down and get ready for a reality check. Your target schools are more or less way out range for you. (Sorry! I hate to tell people this, but better to know how it is now).

What are the negs in your profile that would hold you back:
- GMAT way too low. Your GMAT as an Indian needs to be 30 points ABOVE the average (due to huge competition) whereas yours is 20 points below in many of your schools
- Non IIT + So-so GPA
- Standard work experience at big Indian firms (from which there will be much competition.

Now, please don't let this get you down! Your profile is good. And you have some interesting work experience. But for Top 10 it just won't cut it. My suggestions:
- Retake the GMAT if you believe you can get 20 points higher or more. To give you some insights and logic to what your GMAT should look like as an Indian applicant have a look here:
http://admissionado.com/mba/3-tips-for- ... n=mba_blog
http://admissionado.com/mba/to-retake-o ... n=mba_blog

- Apply to the 10-30 Range (if you can boost your GMAT score by 20 points) or the 20-40 range with your current score.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions,
Best,

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT 700/6 years profess [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 22:26
[/quote]
Ok miss!
My pleasure!
But we're going to have to hunker down and get ready for a reality check. Your target schools are more or less way out range for you. (Sorry! I hate to tell people this, but better to know how it is now). Yes, true. This was something I suspected too.

What are the negs in your profile that would hold you back:
- GMAT way too low. Your GMAT as an Indian needs to be 30 points ABOVE the average (due to huge competition) whereas yours is 20 points below in many of your schools
- Non IIT + So-so GPA
- Standard work experience at big Indian firms (from which there will be much competition.

Now, please don't let this get you down! Your profile is good. And you have some interesting work experience. But for Top 10 it just won't cut it. My suggestions:
- Retake the GMAT if you believe you can get 20 points higher or more. To give you some insights and logic to what your GMAT should look like as an Indian applicant have a look here:
http://admissionado.com/mba/3-tips-for- ... n=mba_blog
http://admissionado.com/mba/to-retake-o ... n=mba_blog

- Apply to the 10-30 Range (if you can boost your GMAT score by 20 points) or the 20-40 range with your current score.
I agree. So I have revised my schools to: Tepper, UNC Kenan Flgaler, Ross, Duke, Georgia Tech,UCLA Anderson, UV Darden. Stretch Schools: NYU Stern, Cornell. Does this target list have any sure shot chances...since this has to be my only attempt to get into a bchool..there's no going back now or retaking the gmat..or taking up a job which I am not interested in.

Even if I do retake gmat, the increase in points wouldn't change my profile..my profile/work exp would remain the same. I am seeing no point in giving the exam again. Besides, hitting a 96 percentile in verbal again together with Q 48/50 would mean considerable effort again...I'd rather put the effort in my essays. Correct me if I am wrong here

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions,
Best,[/quote] Thank You Jon!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admissionado
G

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 17:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
My pleasure :)
And good luck!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT 700/6 years profess

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: JonAdmissionado

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap