It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 02:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT700/6 yrs exp

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT700/6 yrs exp [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 22:12
Hi MBAMission! I see that you are very responsive to profile evaluation requests! I hope you spare some time for evaluating mine as well.

Nationality: Indian
Female
GMAT: 700 (Q-43, V-42, IR-7, AWA-6.0)

Undergraduation: Mechanical Engineering from JNTU (top 10 universities, non-IIT), GPA: 3.90/5 ; Revived and headed the Literature club at college apart from active participation in Tech fests. Interned at Indian Railways, submitting 3 research projects based on Computational Fluid Dynamics and Design & Engineering; Also interned at a Small Scale Enterprise to submit an original project work as part of course curriculum (dealing with new moulding techniques for automobile parts).

Professional Work Experience: Business Analyst to Product Owner to Analytics Consulting in IT (4 years)- at Indian IT Majors- Infosys & Cognizant; R&D role in Computational Fluid Dynamics at Fiat Chrysler (2 years). I have pursued my career in line with my entrepreneurial interests-combining product/software development and Predictive Analytics for business decisions; leveraging software development and Agile practices and combining it with Automobile/Commuter systems for efficient design and development. Certifications include Scrum Certified Product Owner; ISTQB Foundation Level Certified Quality Analyst.

Leadership experience: Leading high performing teams at offshore to deliver on-time product increments in Agile/DevOps environments, by implementing DevOps and Shift-Left levers, leading to savings of 100k (pounds). Establishing TCOE at offshore through preparation of Test Strategy, Test and Resource Estimation, defining and measuring KPIs for automation projects, leading to 30% reduction in test times, 35% cost reduction and containing high severity defect leakage to 2%.

Extra Curriculars include being part of CSR initiatives and active contribution to newsletters at Fiat Chrysler; Being part of Toastmasters and ILI (infosys Leadership Institute) at Infosys; Active participation in Tech Hackathon and Innovation challenges at Cognizant.

MBA Target Schools: NYU Stern, CMU Tepper, Ross, Haas, Chicago Booth.
Stretch Schools: MIT LGO, Cornell, Columbia, Tuck.

Post MBA Plans: To work with M/B/B as a Strategy and Leadership consultant for 3-5 years and then transition to leadership role or start up an own venture.

Please let me know my chances at intended schools, especially Booth and Stretch schools.

Thank You!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT700/6 yrs exp [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2017, 01:34
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi ushakg388
Thanks for getting in touch! I'm impressed by the quality of brands that you have worked for. That will serve you well in this process. Now I want to be honest -- your GMAT score is on the lower end. To be more competitive at top programs, I'd love to see you come in at 20+ points above school averages. Your Quant score is also quite low. I'd love to see 47.

With this in mind, here's how I would rearrange your list of schools

MBA Target Schools: CMU Tepper, Ross, Cornell
Stretch Schools: Columbia, Tuck, Haas, Chicago Booth, NYU Stern, MIT LGO

What's missing for me is safety schools. Please take a look at programs like Georgetown and Indiana Kelley. Perhaps also Vanderbilt and Ohio State. These will all get you good brand name recognition and the career path that you are looking for. You should of course apply to your stretch and target schools, but I would really encourage you to add some safeties if this is the year you must get into b-school.

Hope that helps!

Krista

mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT700/6 yrs exp [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 22:06
Hi Krista! Thank you for your quick and very warm & positive response!

Yes, I agree about the Quant score, but I am not planning on taking the exam up again.

Your re-arrangement of the schools makes sound sense and I am going to follow that. However, I feel like removing Booth(very Quant focused) and Haas altogether. Is Haas difficult or easy given my product owner background? I haven't made any product management decisions (financial aspects), so will that affect Haas application? What I do have is savings and creating value for client, but I haven't taken financial decisions like product pricing,etc.
I was thinking to replace Haas, Booth and MIT with UCLA Anderson, Georgia Tech, UV Darden or even Duke. Will I have sure shot chances at these and other schools you said were in my range?

Thank you so much Krista for your positive response! It does give me better faith to apply.

Best
Usha

Profile Evaluation Request- Indian Female 29/ GMAT700/6 yrs exp

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap