Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation request:MBA:GRE 322(Q:163,V:159),12 years exp [#permalink]
Expert Reply
skgmat21:

Q: Please let me know what more details do you need?

A: Any types of accomplishments both professionally and extracurricular. Any awards. Look at other posts to get an idea for the type of information that is useful to know. Bear in mind this is all high-level. A proper consultation is needed to do a more accurate assessment.

Q: So should I avoid applying for top 10 colleges? which colleges should I target?

A: Yes, avoid Top 10. Target schools in the 15-30 range.

I am planning to apply for part-time / weekend MBA programs, even for these programs, my GRE score is not enough?

Q: As you have alluded, the testing threshold is not as high for the part-time/weekend MBA programs. Still, given you demographic cohort you might be better off getting closer to that 700 figure.

A: Do you advise me to retake GRE ?

Yes, or the GMAT. Up to you which you think is best. I don't see much downside to retaking the exam as most schools will accept your highest grade. You have already banked the 322 adn 670.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation request:MBA:GRE 322(Q:163,V:159),12 years exp [#permalink]
I am working as a Senior principal engineer (promotions every 2 years Applications Engineer, Senior Applications Engineer, Project Lead, Principal Applications Engineer, Senior Principal Engineer ) for Oracle.

Won 2 hackathons one on blockchain another on Machine Learning.

I Hold certifications of Oracle, for Financials, Procurement, Supply chain management, Scrum master, and PMP.

I am one of the founders of an NGO.

I work as a mentor for engineering graduates for an NGO.

I am more comfortable with the GRE pattern, so please suggest what score should I target for top 10 MBA schools?

I understand this is a very high level
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a green card holder, so will I be considered an international applicant or a local applicant?
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
skgmat21:

Great! Thanks for providing the additional details.

Now that I know you're looking at part-time MBA programs, if you can bump up your verbal 3 or so points that would be great. The quant could use an extra point or two (only because of your competitive demographic) but that's not as critical.

I am not sure about green card status implications. You should contact the schools directly about that matter.

Good luck,
Admissionado
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts