Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Requested [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Sid,
Thanks for the updated info, makes sense.

RE: the 2 years of experience, it IS fewer than average.... so that is borderline, not necessarily a problem with a strong profile and application, but a potential weakness or challenge in the views of SOME potential adcomm members. Whether to go for it now or not is pretty personal... but sounds like you are ramped up and ready to give it a shot and feel you've already been getting some great experience and quality experience already, so if you're ready to give it a shot, just be sure that you anticipate and answer the question of WHY NOW... (why you should go to b-school now vs later), and establish that while your experience QUANTITY may be slightly shorter, the QUALITY of your experience is strong and you've experienced and accomplished more than other potential candidates with similar years of experience.

That said I may be confused-- if you started working in 2013 and would apply 2015, then you'd begin school in 2016 with 3 years of experience? Or are you talking about applying this fall? If you'd have 3 years by the time you began that would be a bit less of a concern too, fyi.

Re: GMAT if you were scoring in that range and have the time, certainly can give it one more shot sure thing!

Re: school list, looks like an appropriate plan. In terms of how many you'll have time for, it sounds good now, but after you've completed a couple of sets of essays/applications, you'll have a better feel for whether you can complete more or fewer before a given deadline, if that makes sense.

Hope that helped and keep us posted! Questions welcome anytime, free consults are also an option if you ever desire. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jen !

To remove your confusion. I'm looking to apply this year-end for entry next year. (conflict between Indian and American usage of "class of ëxample" is confusing! )
So I'd have 2 years of full-time experience at the time of entry IF I get through somewhere. :)

I've decided to concentrate on the GMAT (this 27th) for the time being. My prep is now in full swing and I'm focusing on improving on some of the generic aspects (fatigue, nervousness etc). I have also concurrently started a little bit of research into some of the schools from the list I've posted earlier.

I'll appreciate it if we can speak over Skype sometime.

Regards
Sid

mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi Sid,
Thanks for the updated info, makes sense.

RE: the 2 years of experience, it IS fewer than average.... so that is borderline, not necessarily a problem with a strong profile and application, but a potential weakness or challenge in the views of SOME potential adcomm members. Whether to go for it now or not is pretty personal... but sounds like you are ramped up and ready to give it a shot and feel you've already been getting some great experience and quality experience already, so if you're ready to give it a shot, just be sure that you anticipate and answer the question of WHY NOW... (why you should go to b-school now vs later), and establish that while your experience QUANTITY may be slightly shorter, the QUALITY of your experience is strong and you've experienced and accomplished more than other potential candidates with similar years of experience.

That said I may be confused-- if you started working in 2013 and would apply 2015, then you'd begin school in 2016 with 3 years of experience? Or are you talking about applying this fall? If you'd have 3 years by the time you began that would be a bit less of a concern too, fyi.

Re: GMAT if you were scoring in that range and have the time, certainly can give it one more shot sure thing!

Re: school list, looks like an appropriate plan. In terms of how many you'll have time for, it sounds good now, but after you've completed a couple of sets of essays/applications, you'll have a better feel for whether you can complete more or fewer before a given deadline, if that makes sense.

Hope that helped and keep us posted! Questions welcome anytime, free consults are also an option if you ever desire. Good luck!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sid,

Thanks for clarifying. Wishing you all the best on your upcoming GMAT!

I'd be happy to schedule one of our free 30 min consults with you via skype. Just think about whether you'd like to connect before vs after the GMAT; there could be an argument for after so you know what your final score is. ;) You are welcome to pm me via this forum to schedule at any point/at your convenience. The general form to set up the free consult is https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php, and if you'd like to schedule with me specifically we can connect to set that up (again you are welcome to pm and I can give you my email etc).

Thanks and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Jen,

Just had the 2nd attempt at the GMAT today. Here's my score

IR=8/8
AWA = Not available yet (Expecting a 6, hopefully)
Quant = 50
Verbal = 40
Total = 740

:)

mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hi Sid,

Thanks for clarifying. Wishing you all the best on your upcoming GMAT!

I'd be happy to schedule one of our free 30 min consults with you via skype. Just think about whether you'd like to connect before vs after the GMAT; there could be an argument for after so you know what your final score is. ;) You are welcome to pm me via this forum to schedule at any point/at your convenience. The general form to set up the free consult is https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php, and if you'd like to schedule with me specifically we can connect to set that up (again you are welcome to pm and I can give you my email etc).

Thanks and good luck!
Send PM
Expert Reply
CONGRATS on the 740, woo-hoo! Awesome job. ;) Now time to focus on school research, brainstorming about you and your essays, and getting the overall application strategy set! Let me/us know how we can help! ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GMAT Date: 09-13-2014
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Hi! I was thinking of applying to HBS, MIT, Wharton, NYU, Columbia, Tuck and Chicago.

I am a 24 year old Asian female. I have both my BS and MS in mechanical engineering (BS GPA 3.2, MS GPA 3.6) I played college basketball for 2 years and was nominated by my coaches and teammates to go into an athletic leadership training program. I was also captain of my high school basketball team and AAU teams. I was a volunteer for 5 years in the Big Brother Big Sister program in college. I also won some invention contests in college and have lead some other projects. Currently, I'm in the engineering rotational leadership program at GE. I also carry some other leadership roles at work as well. I am scheduled to take the GMAT on June 21st, I do plan on taking the test twice tho. I recently spoke with one of the CEO's at GE and he said he was willing to write me a recommendation to Wharton (he is a Wharton graduate) and MIT because he said he has connections there.

I am really eager to hear what you think of my profile and if you think I have a shot at these schools!! Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there--

Sorry almost missed your new profile request post since it was on someone else's thread ;) but happy to help.

You've got a lot of positives you've described, so as long as the GMAT is up to par, I do think you'd have a shot of being considered at top schools, if you put together some strong essays and everything comes together. I haven't heard your rationale for WHY.... why get the MBA, how is it needed for your career goals, etc, so be sure you have a clear and compelling explanation of all of that.

Schools are always looking for qualified female applicants, and you have demonstrated a lot of leadership ability, that you go above and beyond, you likely have teamwork skills plus quant and analytical skills, etc. The undergrad GPA is low but having a strong masters GPA helps.

Keep us posted on questions and your progress and good luck on the GMAT!
Moderator:
1452 posts