It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 11:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation -- West African Male/710 GMAT/6 yrs experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

Profile Evaluation -- West African Male/710 GMAT/6 yrs experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 17:46
-

Last edited by getitdoneright on 05 Oct 2017, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [1], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation -- West African Male/710 GMAT/6 yrs experience [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 11:59
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi, and thanks for writing! Given your profile details, I'd say those schools are likely a reach (though no means out of question for you) - of the list, I'd say Georgetown is in your target zone, and Tuck is more accessible as well IF you show very strong interest in the program and its culture. Do you have any outside involvement (extracurricular activities/active hobbies?) This can boost a profile as well. For each program you apply to, make it VERY clear why it is a strong fit for you based on your research. A few others in the U.S. you might consider (which are a bit more in your range, though still competitive) are Johnson, Fuqua, and Darden.

Hope that helps! :)

getitdoneright wrote:
Hi, thanks so much for all you do. Could you by any chance let me know your thoughts on my profile and target school compatibility? Thanks in advance!

26 year old Nigerian Male (Graduated College at 20)
GMAT: 710 (48Q, 40V)
GPA: - 3.2 (BSBA, Concentration in Entrepreneurship, Minor in Economics, from Private 4 yr. Mid-Tier US. University)

Work Experience (6 years total @ matriculation):
- 1 year as an Associate Product Marketing Manager for a venture funded tech startup, then another year as a Product Marketing Manager at the same startup. Company failed.
- 4 months as a Business Analyst at a health care tech startup, then 1 year as a Product Manager at the same company. Company was acquired.
- 1 year as a eCommerce Manager at a tech startup, 2 years as eCommerce Director at same company, by matriculation in 2018. Part of early team that has grown revenue from less than $2m to over $10m

Extra-curricular's:
-Co-Founder of Early Stage Tech Incubator based in Nigeria. Advisor to a number of startups in the incubator, whom we have helped to raise over $400,000 over 3 years.
- Self-taught web developer

Goals:
Short-Term Post MBA: Growth Product Manager role at Google, Facebook or other large technology company. Interested in a role at the intersection of software development, data/analytics and product management.

Long Term: Founder/CEO of consumer technology company

Schools (no order):
Harvard
Stanford
Wharton
Stern
MIT
Georgetown
Kellogg
Tuck

I'm really curious to hear your thoughts with regards to my chances, considering that my GPA and GMAT are on the lower end. I have poured a lot of time and love into my essays and am hoping to really use that to drive things in my favor. I'd love to hear a realistic take about my chances, and any tips you would be willing to share with me, for stacking the cards in my favor. Thanks a tonne in advance!

mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Kudos [?]: 20 [1], given: 0

Profile Evaluation -- West African Male/710 GMAT/6 yrs experience

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap